View Full Version : I have a verizon I700 samsung phone.

07-19-2003, 07:00 PM
Does anyone know if there is software available to page airtouch pagers? I am a field supervisor, and we use a web based system for paging our people in the field. I would like to be able to page a group of techs (my team) or a tech individually while out in the field. anyone know of anything?

also, I was wondering My company doesn't allow me a data plan for my phone, I was wondering if I can call a isp, and log-on to the internet that way?, just using my phone as the modem for the PPC.

as a side note, does anyone have any information when Verizon is going to lower their data plans?

brianworkman
08-01-2003, 03:23 AM
Verizon use to have a MobileComm paging number. I do not know if they still have it or not, it is worth a call. MobileComm would allow you to page from service to service with no charge. If you use a web-based system though, you might want to see if you can just use your sms capabilities and have them email your stuff to phones. You sms address would be your phone number including area code @vtext.com example - [email protected]

You can use your phone as a modem, but you get charged mintues (which you probably knew) but you will only average about 14.4 kbps the fastest speed you can get on a cell phone signal (this might have changed, but I think that is still right)