View Full Version : BlackBall Unveils Improved BB-Tuner at NAMM Summer Session

Jason Dunn
07-19-2003, 11:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=SVBIZINK2.story&STORY=/www/story/07-19-2003/0001985079&EDATE=SAT+Jul+19+200' target='_blank'>http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/s...=SAT+Jul+19+200</a><br /><br /></div>"BlackBall(R), Inc., a leading provider of rich media file software solutions, today introduced a new version of its BB-Tuner(TM), a standalone software chromatic tuner that leverages the power of the personal computer to deliver greater accuracy than any traditional chromatic tuner on the market today. Featuring an unprecedented margin of error of plus or minus less than .1 cent, BB-Tuner is a low-cost, easy-to-use tuning solution that enables musicians to get the best sound and tone from their instruments. The new version now supports Macintosh and Pocket PC computers, as well as standard PCs and laptops running 32-bit Windows operating systems."<br /><br />Cool - a pro-level tuner that runs on a Pocket PC! Anyone here been to NAMM? What's it like?

Gavin Henriques
07-20-2003, 11:07 PM
I went to NAMM last year in Ananeim, CA. It was great. Anything and everything music. I am a guitarist on the side and was pleasantly surprised to meet people like George Lynch, Vivian Campbell, Jennifer Batton Michael Anthony.., they are their either shopping or promoting produots. I took lotsa photos with my favorite guitar heroes and even got to hear some great live performances up close and personal. You see a lot of musical equipment not normally seen in music stores. It is fun and there are small concerts at the end of eaoh day consisting of many famous artists performing together. If you ever get the chance...GO!

Jason Dunn
07-21-2003, 05:03 AM
Jennifer Batton? Cool. I was in a guitar clinic with her once, and she was amazing! Very, very talented.

snowday
07-21-2003, 01:44 PM
You bring a die-hard lurker out because you asked about NAMM. :)

NAMM is a plenty-geeky rock-and-roll trade show that makes you feel cool for attending. The LA show is a bit larger and somewhat more technology oriented than the TN show. In any case my new passion, www.shoutmedia.com, attended the last LA show. It is as the above poster described - if you can thnk of it and it is related to music, it is probably there - including a vast array of maginficently talented musicians performing regularly.

Hmm... I'm temped now to research all of the various Pocket-PC music production applications. Perhaps there is room for a Pocket PC bundle at Shoutmedia or a site dedicated to the niche...