View Full Version : Ipaq 5555 users, I need help!!!

nategesner
07-19-2003, 02:18 PM
I'm ready to make my purchase, except for one thing. I need to know if the rocker switch on the 5555 can be used for scrolling. I've read that the 5450 was mapped only for volume control and recording and that it couldn't be re-mapped to scroll. Did HP fix this or is it still the same?

If they haven't changed it, I think I will save the cash and stick with a 2215. Thanks for your help.

DerekTheGeek
07-19-2003, 03:16 PM
...though I do believe its only a matter of time before someone writes a utlity to allow the rocker switch to be used for scrolling.

My wife has the 2215 I do not like it at all. Though as fast as my 5555 the construction seems more flimsy to me. Also she believes that the screen on my 5555 look better than hers. The 128MB ram on my 5555 is awsome and wifi and bluetooth in the same device mean I am connected to the net whether at home or on the road. I am very pleased with my 5555.

- Derek

Chris Pi
07-19-2003, 04:26 PM
Derek, how do you find the speed of surfing the net over wifi with your 5555? I realize there will be some delay but is it acceptable to you?

DerekTheGeek
07-19-2003, 06:14 PM
The speed is the same as any other wifi solution I have tried before. I am very happy with it. This is the best Pocket PC I have ever had. The speed is finally good. The memory is what I needed and Bluetoth and Wifi in the same device. The only other thing would be built in CDMA. I love it.

- Derek