View Full Version : Infra red woooossss

pkschmidt
07-19-2003, 06:28 AM
I just received my Ipaq 2210 and have been struggling to connect via Infra Red to my Nokia 8390 phone on the Rogers network here in the Great White North. The communication seems to start but then I receive that tone that suggests I'm dialing an invalid number....

Do I need to install any additional software to make this work? Someone said I need to install Nokia PC suite to get this to work but I'm not sure if this makes sense to me... Does this subsequently modify the phone settings as well, or maybe add prompt for software installation to the Ipaq?

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

"A Pocket PC Novice"

axe
07-19-2003, 02:44 PM
Oh I hear your whoas... a year or so back I was bound and determined to have wireless access on my iPaq. The IR worked great. I could transfer contacts and such but when I tried to get it to dial I ran into the same thing.
Anyway, it turns out my phone, 3360, does not support the wireless IR surfing. However yours does. The catch is I believe you need the "Portage plus" kit, which should give you the access you want - at $60.
http://www.shoprogers.com/store/wireless/products/connectivity/portage_plus/overview.asp
I have not ever tried it, but I'm pretty sure this will get you wireless. Hopefully someone else can confirm this??
Good luck!
AXE

pkschmidt
07-19-2003, 05:04 PM
...I looked at the Rogers link you gave me.

Looks like your right on the money!!!!!

Thanks

Kati Compton
07-20-2003, 02:57 AM
BTW, guys - no big deal, but if you're using the word I think you're using, it's spelled "woes". ;)

Pony99CA
07-20-2003, 03:05 AM
BTW, guys - no big deal, but if you're using the word I think you're using, it's spelled "woes". ;)
I thought "wooooossss" meant "wuss", but "woes" certainly makes more sense. By the way, be careful with "Whoas" around a Pony. :twisted:

I wasn't going to comment on the spelling, but I do enjoy the irony of a moderator taking the thread off-topic. :-D

Steve