View Full Version : Compact Flash to SD converter

davidbaldauff
07-18-2003, 01:21 PM
Hi,

I have a Compact Flash device that I need to plug into an SD-only Pocket PC (Viewsonic.) Anyway, does anyone know of such a converter? I know it won't look pretty to convert your CF device to an SD and then stick the SD in the Pocket PC, but that is OK.

Any ideas?

Dave Baldauff

maximus
07-18-2003, 01:48 PM
is it equipped with SDIO? if it is not, even if you find a siutable converter, you might still not be able to run the CF device.

perhaps you can elaborate more on the CF device itself.

delfuhd
07-18-2003, 02:10 PM
I remember a long time ago I asked one of my friends, "Hey I wonder if there are any CF to SD converters.." and he said that there probably aren't any, and that they would be bulky and probably expensive. I didn't really look around much, even though I did want to have access to a CF card when I had an h1910 for a while. But I didn't find anything, maybe you could google it? I know there are SD to CF converters, I remember seeing one, but I don't know about the other way around. Good luck, and if you find something, let us know!

Thinkingman
07-19-2003, 03:27 AM
There is one, I remember one of the pda websites had an article on it. I thought it was here, maybe it was pdabuzz. In either case, I remember it. It did stick out a bit. I cant remember who it was by. At the time the price was 49.99.
AS suggested, google search:)
I looked in google, but havent been able to locate it yet.

Mike L
08-07-2003, 10:41 PM
you want something JUST like this?

http://www.hitishop.com/hitsdad1.html

delfuhd
08-08-2003, 12:43 AM
Yes, but the other way around. He wanted a CF card to fit into an SD slot. I've seen the sd-cf converters before...

maximus
08-08-2003, 02:24 AM
Yup. Packing a 1 GB CF and sticking it into the SD slot is definitely what I need. No need to remember which oggs I put in which SD cards anymore.