View Full Version : SMS to Email Address with Verizon/i700???

acutchin
07-18-2003, 01:18 AM
I have a Samsung i700 with Verizon Wireless. I have just discovered that I cannot reply to an SMS message that came from an email address!!!

Verizon says the way to do this is to use ActiveSync. This means you have to return to your computer, plug the unit in, let it sync, and let Outlook send the message! This is absolutely ridiculous!!!

I receive SMS messages from email addresses regularly. I need to be able to reply immediately to these messages, wherever I am, and have my reply delivered via SMTP to the originating email address.

Is this a limitation in the SMS protocol, or just of this phone, or of the PocketPC 2002 Phone Edition OS? Is anyone aware of any registry tweak or software workaround?

-- Aaron

Qman
07-18-2003, 04:06 AM
I'm not sure if this work around will work on your model but it does work on the XDA's.

Put 500 in the To: field and put their email address as the first line in the body followed by a space.

Example:

To: 500
Subj:

[email protected] /
note space here-----^

Janak Parekh
07-18-2003, 05:05 AM
Moved this post to the right forum...

acutchin, I'm not sure if qman's trick will help, but there is probably an undocumented way of doing it.

--janak

acutchin
07-18-2003, 07:48 PM
thanks, Janak, but I don't really know if Samsumg is the right forum for this post.

This may be a limitation of the PPCPE OS, or of the SMS protocol, or of Verizon's service. I'm not certain that this issue is unique to the Samsung i700 phone i have!

-- Aaron

Janak Parekh
07-18-2003, 09:55 PM
This may be a limitation of the PPCPE OS, or of the SMS protocol, or of Verizon's service. I'm not certain that this issue is unique to the Samsung i700 phone i have!
The Pocket PC Phone Edition forum needs to be renamed -- it refers specifically to the HTC OEM device. So, yes, this is the right forum. It is a general issue with Pocket PC Phones, though. :(

--janak