View Full Version : Subscriber Bonus Redemption

Jason Dunn
07-18-2003, 12:00 AM
Just a quick heads-up for everyone who is a subscriber: I'm in the midst of processing your Vaja coupon requests, but there are a lot of you! :D The process is unfortunately very manual, so there's no fast way to do it. I should be caught up by the end of tonight. For those of you lifetime subscribers who have requested your Micro-light, we'll be shipping them out in the next few days, but we're going to run out of them after the first 30 or so go out. We have a new order coming in early next week, and we'll get them out as soon as possible.<br /><br />This whole "one person order processing house" concept is new to me. 8O

droppedd
07-18-2003, 12:22 AM
you can always outsource to a third world country that pays a fraction of minimum wage :twisted:.

Reza
07-18-2003, 12:52 AM
Well, you have a whole week to process these before the $15 discount pre-order program on the 221x case expires… :D

NeilE
07-18-2003, 01:54 AM
Why outsource to another country when you can just hire the kid down the street for a few hours? :)

Duncan
07-18-2003, 02:30 AM
tsk...! Lazy so-and-so will be taking time out to eat and sleep no doubt...! :roll:

Reza
07-18-2003, 02:44 AM
tsk...! Lazy so-and-so will be taking time out to eat and sleep no doubt...! :roll:
Yeah! we need robots for this job... or perhaps monkeys?... :D

ctmagnus
07-18-2003, 04:02 AM
Why outsource to another country when you can just hire the kid down the street for a few hours? :)

Yeah, like JR (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=92)

:mrgreen:

Jeff Rutledge
07-18-2003, 04:50 AM

Yeah, like JR (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=92)

8)

Mitch D
07-18-2003, 05:03 AM
Just a quick heads-up for everyone who is a subscriber: I'm in the midst of processing your Vaja coupon requests, but there are a lot of you! :D The process is unfortunately very manual, so there's no fast way to do it. I should be caught up by the end of tonight. For those of you lifetime subscribers who have requested your Micro-light, we'll be shipping them out in the next few days, but we're going to run out of them after the first 30 or so go out. We have a new order coming in early next week, and we'll get them out as soon as possible.

This whole "one person order processing house" concept is new to me. 8O

If it's any help Jason I would volunteer to help you if you needed it.

Jimmy Dodd
07-18-2003, 02:08 PM
you can always outsource to a third world country that pays a fraction of minimum wage :twisted:.

Maybe he could outsource it to a bunch of Palm users. :lol:

droppedd
07-18-2003, 02:36 PM

dup post - Reza already suggested hiring monkeys :rotfl:

Jimmy Dodd
07-18-2003, 02:42 PM

dup post - Reza already suggested hiring monkeys :rotfl:

Sorry - I'd forgotten that monkeys can use the simplest of tools.
:lol:

Duncan
07-18-2003, 02:54 PM

They'd only argue that it doesn't need to be done that fast...!

droppedd
07-18-2003, 02:59 PM
They'd only argue that it doesn't need to be done that fast...!
"160x160 is high enough resolution. And why do they need the Vaja coupons anyways?" :lol:

icatar
07-18-2003, 05:29 PM
When are we going to have access to those other discounts that Jason mentioned besides the Vaja coupon?

Jason Dunn
07-18-2003, 06:35 PM
When are we going to have access to those other discounts that Jason mentioned besides the Vaja coupon?

At the moment, it's all I can do to keep up with the Vaja requests, especially since many people are asking for the coupon before their two weeks are up - which means it's several email messages back and forth to ask for the information that I'd get from the email that is sent out when their trial is over. It's a huge amount of manual labour.

Next Wednesday through Friday I'm off to the Handango Summit, so I might be able to pull it off by Monday/Tuesday - if not, it will be the following week.

Not trying to make excuses, just trying to be realistic. :-)

Jeff Rutledge
07-18-2003, 07:17 PM

I meant to ask you: Are you freakishly psychic or something? You posted this reply about 10 minutes after I sent a message to Jason (using the Contact form, not PM of course :D ) offering an extra pair of hands.

I'm not sure if he's even had a chance to read it, so your reply kind of freaked me out. 0X

ctmagnus
07-18-2003, 08:33 PM

But not if this particular task requires doing two things at once. :D

ctmagnus
07-18-2003, 08:33 PM

I meant to ask you: Are you freakishly psychic or something? You posted this reply about 10 minutes after I sent a message to Jason (using the Contact form, not PM of course :D ) offering an extra pair of hands.

I'm not sure if he's even had a chance to read it, so your reply kind of freaked me out. 0X

Dunno. What are you thinking rigth now? :wink:

Jeff Rutledge
07-18-2003, 08:48 PM
Dunno. What are you thinking rigth now? :wink:

Right now I'm laughing at:

But not if this particular task requires doing two things at once. :D

Jeff Rutledge
07-18-2003, 08:49 PM
But then, of course, you already knew that. :mrgreen:

ironguy
07-18-2003, 10:52 PM
:lol:
Is Palm Pounding part of the Subscriber's extra stuff?

I'M GLAD I'M A SUBSCRIBER! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Are any Palm users your frond?

Duncan
07-18-2003, 11:04 PM
Anyone notice that little 'headline without a story' that has appeared in the right-hand column? A little wind-up from Jason perhaps?