View Full Version : Subscriptions, TawnerX, and the Grey Lady

Jason Dunn
07-17-2003, 09:13 PM
Stupid subscription block - I know it's free, but I refuse to have to log into a side just to read their content. :evil:

TawnerX
07-17-2003, 09:37 PM
Well it is the GreyLady. The content only alter world opinion and national history every so often, no big deal.

robcorn
07-17-2003, 09:39 PM
Jason, make life easy on yourself...get the new Google toolbar to auto-fill in those free subscription sites, as well as a pop-up blocker...then you won't miss what has got to be the fairest review of the i700 yet that's on the Internet . :)

Jason Dunn
07-17-2003, 09:53 PM
Well it is the GreyLady. The content only alter world opinion and national history every so often, no big deal.

World opinon? Don't place so much stock in your American newspaper. Besides, I prefer to make up my own mind about things. :roll:

TawnerX
07-17-2003, 10:12 PM
One can make up opinion after hearing report, not before. Despite the reach of the net, I still don't know of anybody who can effectively monitor global news without help of some sort of news organisation. And I didn't know if there is a newspaper the caliber of NYT in canada. (readership, citation size and global organisational reach)

So yeah, I would say, NYTimes writing matters more to the public be it a gadget review or a world events compare to say Edmonton journal... or whatever else people read up there.

Plus: I think we all already know the preferance you are referring to in regard of making up mind.

Jason Dunn
07-17-2003, 10:15 PM
One can make up opinion after hearing report, not before.

Yes, unless One had an i700 in One's house for a month or so, so one knows how the i700 looks/feels/works/performs. :roll:

Janak Parekh
07-18-2003, 04:35 AM
Stupid subscription block - I know it's free, but I refuse to have to log into a side just to read their content. :evil:
Uh, Jason, I hate to add to a HOFS thread here... but I had specifically found a subscription-free link for the Samsung article... just for you. :)

--janak