View Full Version : Psion 5 Emergency - Please Help Quick!!!

Kati Compton
07-17-2003, 07:46 PM
My husband's Psion 5 screen died in a weird way, and that machine has ALL of his info, including appointments, money owed (he's a freelance journalist), etc.

The screen "turns on" but nothing is displayed.

His backup is more than a couple days old, which isn't good enough.

Can someone give us a series of keypresses we can do blind to get the data off of it and onto the computer?

I seem to remember you have to turn on the remote link cable on the Psion before you can sync, so we'd need to do that first.

Please respond ASAP!

Kati Compton
07-17-2003, 08:42 PM
Well, I found the answer to my first question after searching, which is here in a FAQ (http://www.isbg00598.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/faqSeries5etc.htm).

But I may do an update to this thread if we have a problem getting to the actual data that is currently being backed up to PC, as the screen seems to be toasted or a cable broken....

Hopefully this won't involve a hex editor. ;)

Duncan
07-17-2003, 09:50 PM
Kati - I'm going back a loooong time here but I shared a house with a Psion 5 owner and he had a cable that connected the Psion to a PC monitor - showing the Psion's screen surrounded by a yukky colour border - perhaps someone still sell the cable? Expansys.com sell Psions still - they may have something...

Kati Compton
07-17-2003, 09:58 PM
Well, we've got the Agenda info. The spreadsheet cannot be recovered - only an old old old version. :(

But thanks. :)