View Full Version : IE extremely slow and so is AvantGo

OneAngryDwarf
07-15-2003, 06:47 PM
When my HP 2215 is docked on the cradle it seems to have long web page load times for things not stored locally. I'm assuming this is a connected issue with it but my AvantGo sync portion goes really slow too... anybody know why? I'm also having troubles w/ MSN intellisync but no idea if that has anything to do w/ it... it is the only USB device hooked up at the moment (dc'd everything else). I did not have this problem w/ a previous handheld (at least i didn't notice it - though it might have been doing it towards the end of its life).

portus
07-15-2003, 08:21 PM
I'm also experiencing longer AvantGo sync duration on the 2215. I have a feeling this has to do with AvantGo compatibility with WM2003 since ActiveSync without AvantGo is faster compared to Axim with PPC2002 w/ ActiveSync 3.6/3.7. Perhaps it's the DB format disrepancy between PPC2002 and WM2003 ...

SHoTTa35
07-15-2003, 08:33 PM
my activesync ... from cradle to finish is about 10 seconds. I've been commenting how this new ipaq 2215 is so far when it comes to syncing. I had a 3650 and it was nowhere this fast so this is burning fast if you ask me.

droppedd
07-15-2003, 08:34 PM
hmm... it's not set up to sync to a memory card, is it?

I'm noticing it's actually FASTER at avantgo than my last handheld. Granted, it was a Clie, but still... my 2210 seems much zippier on sync.

OneAngryDwarf
07-15-2003, 09:22 PM
Nope... not saved to CF or SD... 10 secs would be nice considering it takes me 5-10 minutes at the moment

Wallet Boy
07-15-2003, 09:37 PM
My Avantgo syncs in normal times (compared to my old E335), but the first time I tried to access the downloaded Avantgo pages from the handheld it took five minuets. It was so slow in fact that I thought it was broken. Now it seems to be accessing the downloaded pages fine, if not just a touch slower then the E335. I think it may be an Avantgo/WM2003 issue.

SHoTTa35
07-15-2003, 10:01 PM
check you avantgo subscription history... odds are you have a page that's hanging it up. When avantgo goes out to sync pages it sends out the requests then waits a while to receive a reply for freshly updated pages. If the website you have loaded in there is under high load (like brighthand right now) it'll take forever to reply since it's waiting on brighthand.

So click My Accounts, View Subscrition History or something like that when you log into avantgo

OneAngryDwarf
07-16-2003, 01:10 AM
Anybody know why IE would be going so slow though? When I speak of web pages on IE going slow i mean ones that aren't associated w/ AvantGo but are just being passed through the comp from the internet