View Full Version : Handango's "Updated" Software List

tddisc
07-15-2003, 06:21 PM
Has anyone else noticed how useless Handango's Updated list has become? A number of developers are resubmitting the same software over and over again so it's always on the list. It's frustrating to wade through it to find the software that's actually been updated. For example, ValkSoft and SoftWinter's software have been on the "Updated" list every day for the past month it seems, even though the version numbers have never changed. :evil: I've emailed Handango, but they seem either oblivious to it or unable to do anything about it.

It's not the end of the world, but it's still irritating.

TD

pschultz
07-15-2003, 06:34 PM
I hate that too!

Jeff Rutledge
07-15-2003, 06:38 PM
They just sent out a survey and I mentioned that as one of my biggest complaints. What I'd like ideally is an email telling me when something I've purchased is (legimitately) updated.

peterawest
07-15-2003, 06:40 PM
What I'd like ideally is an email telling me when something I've purchased is (legimitately) updated.

I agree. That would prove more useful to me too.

pschultz
07-15-2003, 06:48 PM
Where do you sign up to receive emails when software is updated?

Kaber
07-15-2003, 11:43 PM
Where do you sign up to receive emails when software is updated?

Normally there is an email list on the software vendor's site.

Resco is pretty good at sending update notices.

Jerry Raia
07-16-2003, 12:56 AM
Just a version number on the update list would be enough.

Eitel
07-16-2003, 05:47 PM
Hey at least is still software. What I do hate is seeing that list filled with themes. Who the heck cares about updated themes??? :evil:

iant54
07-18-2003, 10:16 AM
I also dislike seeing the same software being trumpeted as "new upgrade" day in, day out. While Eitel is right about "updated" themes being more annoying, just imagine what it would be like if every software house followed the example of the likes of ValkSoft, CNetX, Softwinter, etc. Then, the updated software section would become totally useless! Thank goodness that most are sensible!