View Full Version : Is my 5455 charging?

gai-jin
07-15-2003, 02:31 PM
Twice in the last 24 hours I've noticed this:

I woke up this morning expecting to see a solid orange light on my 5455 indicating a full charge (having just switched from a 3835) But instead I saw the charging light off altogether. Going into the power control panel shows 100% backup battery charge, 85% main battery charge. Last night when I put it on the cradle it was after I had received a low battery warning.

I removed it from the cradle a couple times, and reseated it, but still don't get a charge indicator.

I had been playing with the USB charge option yesterday, but have turned it back off now... could that have something to do with this? Does the indicator show when the device is charging from usb?

Steve

droppedd
07-15-2003, 02:38 PM
i don't have a 5455... but on my 2210, the ac adapter can be plugged straight in to the unit... try plugging it straight in, no cradle, and see if it charges. If it doesn't, something's probably a little messed up, and I would try a hard reset if you can't figure it out (unless somebody has an easy fix). If it does charge, something's futzy with the cradle settings, most likely...

gai-jin
07-15-2003, 02:39 PM
After a soft reset, the charing light is now blinking again.

Perhaps the USB charge doesn't disable until after a soft reset?

Steve

Jason Dunn
07-15-2003, 05:13 PM
I saw the same thing with my 5450 - it would only charge after a soft reset. Very freaky, and very stupid - charging should be 100% hardware-based, not linked to something in the software. :evil: