View Full Version : having some major issues with ambicom cf bluetoof

that dan guy
07-15-2003, 01:42 PM
I have installed the ambicom sf bt adapter and an ambicom usb adapter for my desktop. I can transfer files and they recognize each other and I went through the whole process and made it so that it would sync with activesync 3.7 but for some reason it won't. I talked to tech support and we went through the whole process and the guy said everything is set up properly and with no problems and should sync but for some reason it isn't. He said he had no idea why it wasn't working and that htere was nothing else that he knew what to do. What am I doing wrong? I am hoping that you guys may know a solution ( I know that a lot of these tech support people are just really good reader and not very tech savy. Anybody got any experience? I am using a dell advance w/ppc2002.

thanks,

danno

christheswiss
07-15-2003, 08:59 PM
make shure that you have the serial connection set within Active Sync. Go to File,connection settings and check the box for serial cable, my connection is on COM 4. You can find out which COM port your Dongle is using by going into the settings on your PC. Good luck !! :D

that dan guy
07-16-2003, 02:31 PM
Yeah that was a problem at first and I got that working but it still would not recognize the active sync connection. The com port is 4 as well and that was seen by the computer and everything but I can't get it to sync.

thanks for the replies so far,

danno