View Full Version : CF FM radio and WM2003

JohnJohn
07-14-2003, 07:12 PM
Do any of the CF FM radios work with WM2003/HP215? Thanks

maikii
07-15-2003, 03:20 PM
As far as I know, there is only one such CF FM radio available, the PocketRadio by Ibiz.

I just ordered one yesterday for my HP 2215/PPC2003, so I hope it works. I'll let you know when I get it and try it.

JohnJohn
07-16-2003, 02:17 AM
Thanks for Gpig'in that for us. :)

maikii
07-19-2003, 04:03 AM
I got the Ibiz CF Pocket Radio today. Yes, it works with the 2210/15, although I'm sure the drivers were written much earlier than PPC 2003.

However, I didn't get very good reception with it. I could only get a few radio stations, and they were not the ones I wanted to hear.

So, I'll quite likely return it, after a few more tries. Too bad, it's a nice idea, to be able to use the PPC as a radio, instead of carrying around an extra.

Of course, YMMV, depending on how strong the signals are of the stations you want to listen to in your area, etc.

I wonder if the SD version (coming out soon( might have better reception, since it's newer, etc.? When I asked Ibiz on the telephone they said they are the same, the only difference is the type of card.

What have others experiences been like with this card? Can you get many stations clearly?

I wonder if they come out with a software upgrade soon (for PP 2003), whether improvements in the software could improve the reception? (I doubt it, more likely a hardware issue.)

Jorb
07-22-2003, 05:11 AM
It would be really cool if you could modify the Bluetooth frequency or something to be able to recieve radio.

KayMan2k
07-22-2003, 08:37 PM
Yeah it would! I foresee soon that PDAs will have 1 or 2 multi-range radios capable of adjsuting to any freuquency to act as WiFi, BlueTooth, FM, AM, TV, Wirelses Phone, whatever...