View Full Version : Are you having weird issues with your SD Card and 2215?

Jared Miniman
07-14-2003, 04:22 PM
Hey all,

I need your help. I'm having a really bad experience with SD Cards and my new iPAQ 2215. I have a brand new SanDisk 256 MB SD card in my 2215 and have loaded maybe 10 apps onto the storage card. One of them is Resco File Explorer 2003.

I run it once, and it runs as expected. I "Smart Minimize" it. Awhile later, I try to re-run it, and I see "Resco File Explorer 2003" at the top of the screen, but the program fails to run (in fact it closes immediately). This happens sporadically and of course is fixed with a soft reset.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Just please vote "Yes" or "No" to this poll; if I see enough people are having problems, I will be firing an e-mail to hp third-level support for Smart Handhelds. If it's just me (and Ed Hansberry), I'll be forced to abandon the issue.

Ed Hansberry
07-14-2003, 04:25 PM
My issue is I can launch an app from the SD card and it is ok. If the 2215 powers off though, the app won't always relaunch. I get the name in the title bar but no data. You can't kill it either. When this happens the only way to fix it is to soft reset. It only happens on some apps. Listpro and Repligo are the worst offenders, but it never happened on my 3970. There is something it seems to me in the power up or power down that breaks the link in some loaded .EXE files.

droppedd
07-14-2003, 04:32 PM
hmmm... i also have the 256 MB Sandisk SD card. No problems at all, and i have the durn thing completely filled, including dozens of applications from PocketQuake to Klaar Syntrax (which crashes the PPC on exit, but that's a WM2003 issue, i think, not an SD card issue). Resco File Explorer just might not like WM2003 altogether, or the "Smart Minimize"... or it just might not like being installed on an SD card. Have you tried installing it in main memory? It seems to be more app specific than an issue with the SD cards.

Mark Rejhon
07-15-2003, 04:22 AM
I heard many bad things about the Sandisk brand of SD cards -- at least they were a few months ago.

Try Lexar; no problems there.