View Full Version : Another review of the 2215

mbranscum
07-13-2003, 07:23 AM
Wow! Check out this very critical review of the Ipaq 2215 and 2003 OS!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A45993-2003Jul11.html

Mike

Ed Hansberry
07-13-2003, 01:37 PM
Wow! Check out this very critical review of the Ipaq 2215 and 2003 OS!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A45993-2003Jul11.html

Critical as in:
1. Inclined to judge severely and find fault.
or
2. Characterized by careful, exact evaluation and judgment.

I vote 1. But don't worry. Rob will get over the 4 available input methods. I know it is confusing Rob. Don't worry your little head over it. Enjoy your Palm Pilot 1000.

rosettaZ
07-13-2003, 02:04 PM
How did he get "Adjusting brightness is a six-tap procedure"? I got 4without closing and 5 with.

It's: Start/SettingsSystem/Backlight/Slider..../OK

He really seems to hate the idea of adding app, since he also complains something that can be easily done by battery monitor or wisbar. If all said and done, does Clie represent the ultimate machine? having the least 'tap count'? (He uses Clie btw.)

His explanation really doesn't make sense aside from insisting Palm way is the only logical UI to have.

Autarch
07-14-2003, 10:11 PM
Well, I guess this review represents the dissenting opinion :? . Most users seem to be very pleased with the new OS and this device.

Is $400 retail really considered "pricey" for a PDA? I think there are Palms (and certainly there are Clies) that are more expensive than this. I'd call this a midrange device.

There was no mention of overall increased speed or requiring fewer resets with the new OS. The consensus on these boards seems to be that ActiveSync is improved, as are Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity.

Most of the reviewer's complaints involved PIM functions. What about movies? MP3s? Games? Of course there were no benchmarks for any of these -- good thing we can get them from PPCT! :D

etalianstallion
07-14-2003, 10:17 PM
How did he get "Adjusting brightness is a six-tap procedure"? I got 4without closing and 5 with.

It's: Start/SettingsSystem/Backlight/Slider..../OK

He really seems to hate the idea of adding app, since he also complains something that can be easily done by battery monitor or wisbar. If all said and done, does Clie represent the ultimate machine? having the least 'tap count'? (He uses Clie btw.)

His explanation really doesn't make sense aside from insisting Palm way is the only logical UI to have.

You forgot the step to remove the stylus from the PPC... 8) That makes it 6.