View Full Version : Website gone

Deus
07-12-2003, 07:02 AM
I just set up my wireless Network which works fine But now I can't get to my website!!! Anyone know why this is?

Kati Compton
07-12-2003, 07:27 AM
Did you add a firewall? Are you using NAT?

Deus
07-12-2003, 07:52 AM
Not sure How can I tell

Janak Parekh
07-12-2003, 07:58 AM
OK, you have to be a lot more specific here. ;)

1. What do you mean by "your website"? Can you get to Google, etc.?

2. Do you have a desktop? Does it suffer from the same problem? Are both the desktop and the Pocket PC hooked into the wireless router?

--janak

Kati Compton
07-12-2003, 08:03 AM
Or is it that you're trying to reach a site hosted on your computer from "outside" your network?

Deus
07-12-2003, 11:13 AM
Sorry. I am hosting a site on my compuer and I am trying to access it via the web. I converted the ip and Have tried to access it that way but no luck. It also asks me for a password. Even if I turn off WEP

dangerwit
07-12-2003, 03:30 PM
Yes, a little too general, but try some of these things. I'm assuming you're using Win2K/XP Professional/Server and using MS's built-in webserver (IIS).

1. Can you hit the site from the PC it's running on? Type http://localhost in the address bar to try it. If not, the service isn't running and you'll need to start it through Internet Services Manager (assuming this is MS's server you're using).

2. Do you have another PC in your home? Try accessing it from there.

3. If the dialog on the PPC asks for username/password/domain, type in the username you use on the server PC when it boots, the password, and for domain type in the computer NETBIOS name (found under Control Panel->System->Computer name tab if using Win2k/XP)

4. To disable the password, I believe you do it like this. On the server, run Internet Services Manager (Control Panel->Administrative Tools). Find "Default Web Site" and open the properties dialog for it. Under the Directory Security tab, ensure that "Anonymous Access" is checked. Repeat this for the specific subweb that you are trying to get to.

Does any of that help?

*Phil

Deus
07-12-2003, 07:11 PM
Windows XP Not professional but I got iis and installed it and it has worked fine.

http://localhost

gives me

"You are not authorized to view this page
You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied. "

iis is running as it should

davidspalding
07-12-2003, 07:44 PM
Your right -- IIS is running as it should. It's not allowing anonymous access to teh web site.