View Full Version : ohhh I've been locked out! erm cough by a company whose initials are h and p

dave3
07-11-2003, 05:37 PM
any one remember that crowded house song? Anways onto my post...

Lets just say I got stifled out of a certain companies forum as I guess they didn't like me posting publicly available information! Lets just say that some people have not had a positive experience (glitches, features like cir deleted, features like leap not supported and 'we don't know when' etc.) with their handhelds.

therefore here are some places that You can complain to as often as You have the time (I try to call around 4:50pm eastern or 7:50 pm eastern just before their shift ends:).

Hp corporate (complaints I believe this is in Ca.)
1-650-857-1501

compaq customer relations (ipaq complaints etc.)

2055 State Hwy. 249
Houston, Tx 77070

compaq Ipaq support

1-800-652-6672

No offence to anyone but for those who wish to speak to people in the United States the procedure is to demand a supervisor and then demand to speak to someone only inside of Your own country-the USA (presuming that this is the case).

I am not here to create a flame war or anything else but I am a disatisfied customer who is making the information to any other disatisfied customers. I am very sorry if this will bother HP but they should think about this the next time the release 'products'.

edit I was locked out by some administrator who was not happy with me posting the above information on several posts where people experienced problems or had complaints with no clear resolutions (cir no longer available, nevo no longer available, leap not available, new keyboard accessory not working right on 5555 etc.) I guess they just figured they would delete everything I posted and then lock me out and watch me go away...wrong. Now I am just spreading the word here, elsewhere and to hp directly (calling them several times a day!)!!

Jason Dunn
07-11-2003, 05:52 PM
<whew> For a second there I thought WE had locked you out and you were back to wreak havoc in vengeance! 8O :lol:

dhettel
07-11-2003, 06:24 PM
<whew> For a second there I thought WE had locked you out and you were back to wreak havoc in vengeance! 8O :lol:

Maybe you should add an "Hp" to that header? I was also curious to see who you had lock out. :devilboy:

I have had some bad things to say about Hp in the past. Hp has never even hinted at locking me out, of there Forums in the past.

David

dave3
07-15-2003, 03:18 AM
bump it...once again I gotta bump it!

Jason Dunn
07-15-2003, 03:23 AM
bump it...once again I gotta bump it!

Err - why are you bumping this up? Are you trying to get more discussion going, or...?

Jerry Raia
07-15-2003, 04:20 AM
Well HP quality has definately declined. If anyone here is old enough to remember the really early handhelds they made, the HP41, HP71 and more recently the 48G series. They were made much better than the current crop of stuff coming out of Cupertino.

spursdude
07-15-2003, 04:56 AM
(I try to call around 4:50pm eastern or 7:50 pm eastern just before their shift ends:).
While I think it's bad that you've been "locked out," I think it's kinda cruel to try to get people to have to stay after their shift ends. The people you subject to extra time on the job probably didn't do anything to you, and they may not even be able to help you. Now if you can get the stubborn supervisor who doesn't like you to post information to stay overtime, maybe that's justified.

rpommier
07-15-2003, 11:28 AM
I appreciate the information... I called HP wanting to get a replacement 2210 or at least the rubber grips because mine were damaged by that crummy case that was included.

After dialing into oblivion I finally talked to someone who informed me that there was nothing he could do for cosmetic issues. I explained that the case they included caused the issue.

I didn't argue, but needless to say I was less than satisfied. With my Jornada they would just swap me out, but the new HP/Compaq has you send it it in for 5-9 days to correct it. I told him it would be easier to return this one and order a new one, it's only been 2wks.

So that's what I'm doing...

dave3
07-15-2003, 09:47 PM
from this thread...
http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83432

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by DaleReeck
Why? To irritate them? They just work for HP.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually dale they don't even work for hp. They work for a contractor called cytel or sytel? sp? who take many calls for many companies.

quote:
you are not pressuring the company. I doubt HP execs care that their service reps are being inconvenienced by having to stay a few extra minutes past their shift. You are simply unfairly annoying barely above minimum wage reps who have no say in company policy because you are pi$$ed at HP.

Actually based on the statement I finally found out from above, I have determined every call is costing hp more money as it costs sytel more money. The reps staying overtime have to get paid more. That means sytel has to charge more. Thats been my experience in business is if a job took longer than we contracted for, we had to pass along the extra cost to the customer.

IF enough people call demanding supervisors and then demanding HP in the united states themselves instead of some lacky it will cost them money!!! MMMMMONEY is something hp understands which is why they deleted my posts in the first place...If people got off their asses and called (even a couple dozen) it would cost hp money. Therefore they would issue some sort of statement about peoples unresolved concerns!

P.S. I know this works as I have seen this happen before. The threat of media exposure esp. causes them to actually act and provide answers/solutions.

mr_Ray
07-16-2003, 09:30 AM
from this thread...
http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83432

quote:
Why? To irritate them? They just work for HP.

Actually dale they don't even work for hp. They work for a contractor called cytel or sytel? sp? who take many calls for many companies.

Maybe this is a good poute to take with almost every single company - if we annoy the companies providing the outsourced "support", they'll all scream and run away and the likes of HP, Dell, etc will be forced to do their own support again :wink:

dave3
07-16-2003, 08:10 PM
Mr. Ray,
U got it... It all depends on what us the customers are willing to put up with. Either dropping the companies product or service (lost customer $$$). Or complaining loudly, often and refusing outside support (lost cost savings) will work. This is the only thing companies understand. Unfortunately I have already made an investment in accessories, software and time so I must now go with option 2 (complaining) to try to get some sort of action.

dave3
07-18-2003, 03:57 AM
BUMP IT....ONCE AGAIN I GOTTA BUMP IT UP!!! :mrgreen:

Kati Compton
07-18-2003, 05:56 AM
Please stop bumping.

dave3
07-22-2003, 02:05 AM
ok!

dave3
07-22-2003, 12:47 PM
update to continuing saga to get decent support/answers regarding ipaq 55XX series. call log 7-22-03 time spent roughly 55 min.
spoke to rep in Canada (forget name).
spoke to supervisor Donna in Canada (sytel rep)
transfer to Adrian in Usa (Texas)
demanded transfer to supervisor
spoke to Jose he said he would get back to me which he did via email an excerpt of his reply follows!

"I will let you know as soon as I here something."

Jose XXXXX*
Team Manager Customer Service
*last name removed to protect the innocent

My thoughts in regards to the reply. Hmm I guess I will just have to sit HEAR and wait now that I am done HEREING what Jose had to say from way over they're in Tx. I shore am glad HP hires managers with a strong command of the Englesh langarage though!!!