View Full Version : iPaq 5450, WiFi and Pocket IE

CGordonn
07-11-2003, 02:49 PM
Greetings,
Long time reader, first time poster here. My boss recently obtained an iPaq 5450. He is able to connect to his home WiFi AP, but is unable to get Pocket IE to recognize the connection. He says it appears that IE is looking for a dial up connection. I have looked in the manual for this device, but cant find anything specific to our problem. Hence my posting here.

I did a search for this topic, but didnt come accross anything specific. Hoping one of you FANTASTIC PPC gurus can help me out :lol:

bigkingfun
07-11-2003, 05:12 PM
I had a similar problem with mine when I first set it up. The solution for me was to disable the power management in the wifi profile setup. Once it was disabled, everything worked fine.

dhettel
07-11-2003, 05:53 PM
Greetings,
Long time reader, first time poster here. My boss recently obtained an iPaq 5450. He is able to connect to his home WiFi AP, but is unable to get Pocket IE to recognize the connection. He says it appears that IE is looking for a dial up connection. I have looked in the manual for this device, but cant find anything specific to our problem. Hence my posting here.

I did a search for this topic, but didnt come accross anything specific. Hoping one of you FANTASTIC PPC gurus can help me out :lol:

Ok If we assume he is connecting, and is getting a valid DNS server. Then check this setting:

Start (menu) | Settings | Connections (tab) | Connections (icon) | Set center to work settings | tap modify.... | Proxy Settings | And check only the first box "This network cinnects to theInternet" Tap | OK | set the top setting to Work Settings, and the bottom to work, Tap OK tap X, then do a soft reset. Now as long as he doesn't go back to the connection icon it should work. He Should be able to surf and sync to his home computer. If he can't sync, that would mean he does not have NetBIOS enabled on his home computer. Download Pocket Host from http://www.zimac.de/cestuff.htm and install it on the 5450 run it once andenter the ip address of his home computer. exit the program and soft reset.

David