View Full Version : Wi-Fi - Proxyserver?

Wilford
07-11-2003, 01:36 PM
Just got my SMC642WEZ Wi-Fi card for my Cassiopeia E-200, running Pocket 2002. The install was with no problems and I could surf the net. That is until I did something in the connection area from settings. I remember there was something written in the proxy server area, but for some reason it’s nothing there no. The result, I can’t connect to the internet any longer. I think there was something about gopher in the missing proxy server info.

The connection to the Access Point seems to be working.

Anyone please?

Kevin C. Tofel
07-11-2003, 02:09 PM
Not sure if this will help, but I'll throw it out there.

I use a WiFi card on my Axim....the only way I can surf on it wirelessly is to have my desktop act as a proxy. I use the free proxy server software from Analog (http://www.analogx.com/welcome.htm).

In my connections on the Axim I enter the IP info of the desktop\proxy so I can surf.

Are you running any proxy software on your desktop and if so, is the proxy info filled out in the Connections?

KCT

Howard2k
07-11-2003, 06:41 PM
Have a look in Connection Mangler and tell us how it's configured.

In the Work Settings option there is a place to configure a proxy, have a look in there.

Wilford
07-11-2003, 07:21 PM
Finally the problem is solved, there was nothing wrong with the proxy. The problem where in the keys. I feel quite stupid... :oops:

Kevin C. Tofel
07-11-2003, 09:10 PM
Finally the problem is solved, there was nothing wrong with the proxy. The problem where in the keys. I feel quite stupid... :oops:

Glad your WiFi surfing is back! I wouldn't feel bad....if you threw your PPC from the roof of a tall building, I would say you should feel stupid :twak:

I wouldn't feel bad about a minor issue like this!

:D

KCT

Howard2k
07-11-2003, 09:40 PM
Isn't the "640k" line a well know misquote?

Kevin C. Tofel
07-11-2003, 09:54 PM
Isn't the "640k" line a well know misquote?

Yes, but I still find it amusing!

KCT