View Full Version : Question re: EverQuest for PPC

piperpilot
07-11-2003, 01:13 PM
I have been playing EverQuest for the PPC for a while now and I discovered on Sony's web site that there is an expansion pack available for Episode 1. I downloaded it, but the files are zipped. Does anyone know what I need to do to get these files onto my iPAQ? Do I unzip each of the files? There appears not to be a setup or an .exe file among the zipped files, so I don't know what to do next. Thanks for any help that you can give me. :oops: I must say that I'm embarrassed to ask such a basic question, but unlike a lot of people on PPCT, I am not "in the biz." I am a mere lawyer with a penchant for all things Pocket PC!

Dave Beauvais
07-11-2003, 04:07 PM
According to the readme file inside the zip file:

December 23rd, 2002.

EverQuest for the Pocket PC Episode 1, Expansion 1.

This expansion requires the full version of EverQuest for the Pocket PC in order to run. You must use ActiveSync to Explore your device and copy these files to the same installation folder you selected when installing EverQuest for the Pocket PC. (The default installation folder is \Program Files\Games\PocketEQ. If you installed EverQuest onto a Storage Card, make sure the Storage Card is loaded.)

Make sure to copy ALL of the files to the correct directory or zoning, art, and crash problems may occur. You MUST overwrite the existing DarkHeart.npc, DarkHeartNPC.spl, DarkHeart.itm, and Commonlands.zon on the Pocket PC.

Do not copy these files while the game is running.
All you have to do is copy the files to \Program Files\Games\PocketEQ using an ActiveStink connection. Overwrite any files that are already there. Once the expansion pack is loaded you'll have one new area to explore (go to the West Commonlands and look at the map...) and a new little quest to complete. You'll get a couple cool items, so it's definitely worth playing. I only wish they'd release expansion packs for EQ2 and 3.

Hope that helps!

--Dave

piperpilot
07-11-2003, 04:11 PM
Cool. Thanks Dave!

Raynne
07-11-2003, 04:46 PM
I know this is off topic, but I just wanted to say I love your avatar. Hello Kitty Rules. :D

piperpilot
07-11-2003, 04:48 PM
Thanks Raynne. I got into Hello Kitty only after I found an adorable white kitty last summer while camping in Shenandoah National Park (in VA).