View Full Version : Backlight - leave it on or shut it off when docked?

csterns
07-10-2003, 02:50 PM
When docked would it hurt the screen to leave the backlight on all the time?

bljarv
07-10-2003, 04:23 PM
I've been doing it forever (well, not literally :) ) and have never had any issues. I've never even heard of it causing any problems...has anyone else?

rzanology
07-10-2003, 05:39 PM
nah it doesn't do anything....im on my 3rd ipaq and i always leave the light on and at full brightness. Although at night i set it so it turns off in a few minutes because i want some sleep :)... The only issuse with the cradle is the batttery. They say if you leave it charge aaaall the time it will start to eat away at the battery over time.

hollis_f
07-11-2003, 07:18 AM
nah it doesn't do anything....im on my 3rd ipaq and i always leave the light on and at full brightness. Although at night i set it so it turns off in a few minutes because i want some sleep :)... The only issuse with the cradle is the batttery. They say if you leave it charge aaaall the time it will start to eat away at the battery over time.Dunno who they are - but they're wrong. Lithium-Ion batteries perform best if they're kept fully topped up.

rzanology
07-11-2003, 09:13 PM
sre you sure? not to say you're wrong. But on my ipaq i've yet to notice it. But on my t68i i can notice it. I went from charging once a week to about 3 times a week now.

trachy
07-11-2003, 09:38 PM
I noticed on my 3835 that HP specifically states that it's no problem to leave it in the charger whenever not in use. Of course, Battery Bar now indicates that I have only about 1 hr and 51 mins of charge when it's at 100%. When I first got it, it reported about 4 hours.

Mona13
07-12-2003, 01:09 AM
I leave my iPAQ in the cradle with the backlight on. I also downloaded Dockware. It's awesome. It rotates through my personal pictures, with or without the time and calendar.

There is a free version and a $ version, but I bought it. Well worth the $.