View Full Version : Palbum Suite4 ?

baker
07-09-2003, 09:30 PM
Palbum burped and I had to uninstall. Now when I try to re-install on the PPC it tells me that Picture Viewer is installed and cannot complete the reinstall. How do I fix this? Thanks. :?:

Jason Dunn
07-09-2003, 09:47 PM
Do you have Palbum Picture Viewer installed when you look in your Remove Programs list? It might be best to uninstall all the Spb picture applications, then re-install Palbum Suite.

smittyofdhs
07-09-2003, 11:18 PM
Just a note about palbum...
It has been sold off/transfered to another company. I noticed it on the new software section of pocketgear.com the other day so I email SPB about it. Turns out they no longer own the software. What's really interesting is a few weeks back, they had a huge discount on palbum, then it gets sold off. Yesterday I noticed that all their games have been pushed to the top of the update software list, but with no actual update being done, AND the prices look quite a bit lower then I remember. IMHO, it looks like they are selling off the games too.....

Jason Dunn
07-09-2003, 11:21 PM
Just a note about palbum...It has been sold off/transfered to another company. I noticed it on the new software section of pocketgear.com the other day so I email SPB about it. Turns out they no longer own the software.

Yeah, I just found out about that very recently. Believe it or not, we didn't know that would happen at the time we had that big fire sale - there was no conspiracy. :? What's strange is that Spb gets to keep the Image Viewer and the Optimizer, but not the suite...

Sincerely,

Jason Dunn
VP Marketing
Spb Software House

smittyofdhs
07-09-2003, 11:26 PM
What's strange is that Spb gets to keep the Image Viewer and the Optimizer, but not the suite...

so what's left in the suite? just the PC app, right? And maybe your legal team may want to look into it, because the new company is selling the whole package, including the viewer and the optimizer. Maybe that was the deal that was made before the app changed ownership, it seems to me that it's a conflict of interest to sell the whole suite, but yet be able to keep part of the suite..... :?

sidebar: nice to see that once you get to 275 posts you get a new moniker... I'm now a Pocket PC Theorist :)

Jason Dunn
07-09-2003, 11:47 PM
so what's left in the suite? just the PC app, right? And maybe your legal team may want to look into it, because the new company is selling the whole package, including the viewer and the optimizer. Maybe that was the deal that was made before the app changed ownership, it seems to me that it's a conflict of interest to sell the whole suite, but yet be able to keep part of the suite..... :?

It's a political thing involving two different companies, so I'm staying far, far away from it. :mrgreen:

Sincerely,

Jason Dunn
VP Marketing
Spb Software House

ctmagnus
07-10-2003, 03:05 AM
I won the suite somewhere else but didn't really like it. PPC end was fine but I wasn't overly fond of the desktop end. Besides, if I wanted a photo album, I'd whip up some HTML for it and stick with standard file associations that everyone has on their computers.

baker
07-10-2003, 03:43 AM
Do you have Palbum Picture Viewer installed when you look in your Remove Programs list? It might be best to uninstall all the Spb picture applications, then re-install Palbum Suite.
It is not in the Remove Programs list on my PPC nor in Activesync. One the reinstall it asks me to remove it and try to reinstall Palbum Suite.

Jason Dunn
07-10-2003, 04:52 AM
It is not in the Remove Programs list on my PPC nor in Activesync. One the reinstall it asks me to remove it and try to reinstall Palbum Suite.

Very strange - I can only suggest you contact Spb technical support then (www.spbsoftwarehouse.com).

baker
07-10-2003, 05:06 PM
SPB Support helped me out. A registry entry did not get removed during the uninstall. Thanks.

Jason Dunn
07-14-2003, 05:58 AM
SPB Support helped me out. A registry entry did not get removed during the uninstall. Thanks.

Cool, good to hear!