View Full Version : PocketMVP freezes every few minutes - how to fix?

KuroNeko
07-09-2003, 10:08 AM
When I play a DIVX movie on my IPAQ3970 with a Toshiba 256MB SD card, PocketMVP will freeze briefly every 2-3 minutes. I never timed it exactly, but it is very regular. Movie on SD card, PocketMVP on internal memory.

It doesn't matter which movie - happens on all of them. They play well enough on a friend's Axim

I already tried playing with buffering but no improvement.

Any tips on how to get rid of this annoyance? TIA

Neko

CoreyJF
07-09-2003, 03:45 PM
I had the same problem. The only way I was able to resolve it was with a hard reset and reintalation. The only thing I could figure was there was a conflict with anoth program I had installed

delfuhd
07-10-2003, 03:06 AM
Hmm wel that kind of happens to me.. I'm not exactley sure what you mean by "playing with buffering," but what I do is just open the file, and wait about 30 seconds before playing it. It's kind of annoying to wait, but it's better that having it skip and pause all the time. I think that's what you meant by playing with buffering, but nonetheless that's what I do, and it seems to work.. Maybe you should wait longer? Usually about 20-30 seconds is good for me, sorry if this has alreaady been tried

KuroNeko
07-12-2003, 07:51 PM
Thanks for the tips. I tried the hard reset (was due anyway) but no luck.

As for buffering - I mean the option in PocketMVP to buffer video/audio (see your settings. You can activate it and set the buffer size. Disadvantage is the memory use.

In any case, waiting for 30 seconds before playing does not help. I still think it's a problem with the PocketMVP settings. I tried PocketDivx, but this is truely horribly slow, and cannot play these files.

Anyone with more experiences with PocketMVP that can help? Could it be the SD card that is of poor Q? (how would I test this?)

TIA!

Neko