View Full Version : Changing Icon Images.

Monty Gibson
07-08-2003, 06:17 PM
I am sure that somewhere in these forums it's been discussed on how to change the icon or edit the icon of a program on the Pocket PC. I have the Resco Registry Editor so I know that I needed that to begin with. Now I need to know, how exactly, one changes the icon of a program. For instance; lets say I want to change the icon of Pocket Quicken to have the icon that is used by Microsoft Money. How would I accomplish this. Sorry for the redundancy; I simply could not find it when I did a forum search on this topic. Thank you in advance.

smittyofdhs
07-11-2003, 03:57 PM
you won't need the registry editor.....

The icons are contained within the exe file but the easiest way to change the icon is with the shortcut to the exe file. First you will need Resco File Explorer, & a file containing the icon (usually in the form of a dll file). Go FIND the shortcut with Resco FE, right-click on it and choose properties. On the shortcut tab add the following to target line:

?/folder/icon_file,icon_number

folder = the folder the icon file is in
icon_file = the actual file name the icon is in
icon_number = the location in the icon_file for the exact icon you need

I know this looks like garbage, but it works.

It will help you to take a look at http://www.pocketpcpassion.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24878&highlight=PHMICONS.DLL

There is a file there you can download that has a DLL file with some sample icons and complete instructions that follow the syntax above.

Kati Compton
07-11-2003, 04:54 PM
I moved this to "Just Chattin'", as it is topical to any PPC, not just PPCPE.