View Full Version : 2 files won't sync... how to find them?

rpommier
07-08-2003, 01:42 AM
I have 2 files on the Files part of Activesync 3.7 that will not sync. How do I find out which ones are the culprit?

Anthony Caruana
07-08-2003, 02:37 AM
Hi

Have you done a soft reset prior to the sync? When I get this sort of message it usually resolves when i do a soft reset or if you use one of the many different task switchers available to completely shut down any open applications.

Regards

Ed Hansberry
07-08-2003, 03:41 AM
If it won't sync, do the following:

Undock.
Move all PC files and folders below My Documents\Pocket PC My Documents\ to another folder.
Soft reset then dock. Let AS remove all of the files from your Pocket PC. now start moving folders back one at a time letting AS 3.7 sync each group over.

If it all goes fine, great. If not, you'll quickly see which folder is the culprit. Then remove all files from that folder on the desktop again and move them back one at a time.

rpommier
07-08-2003, 04:30 AM
Thanks Ed, that did it... Although there didn't seem to be anything amiss. I just copied everything out of my sync folder and back in and it worked... The joys of AS!

Thanks,

Ed Hansberry
07-08-2003, 04:32 AM
Thanks Ed, that did it... Although there didn't seem to be anything amiss. I just copied everything out of my sync folder and back in and it worked... The joys of AS!
I've had that happen several times and only one time did it reveal a corrupted file. the rest of the time they all worked.