View Full Version : Is there PHP build available?

wocket
07-07-2003, 10:57 AM
Right i've got Apache running on my pocketpc (iPAQ) now all I need is PHP and mySQL or just PHP even.

Why? I am working on a project at the moment and need handy access to my php for testing etc.

Does anyone know if there is a build available i've done a search but found nothing.

Any ideas help etc ?

entropy1980
07-07-2003, 04:59 PM
8O How'd you get apache running?

droppedd
07-07-2003, 05:58 PM
probably flashed a linux distro to it. They've even gotten one to work (albeit with some bugs) on a Dell Axim now. Quite cool, and it's gotta be pissing off Microsoft.

entropy1980
07-07-2003, 06:04 PM
That's what I figured but i guess you could compile Apache to run on PPC it is open source....

droppedd
07-07-2003, 07:00 PM
That's what I figured but i guess you could compile Apache to run on PPC it is open source....

that seems like it would be an awful lot of work to convert it over to use the Windows OS... compiling into a pocket linux distro is probably not a big deal, but i'd imagine converting to PPC function calls and threading and whatnot would be a royal pain in the ass. Not that i've tried it, but if you do get that working let me know - i'd like the toys, but i don't want to be mussing about with the flash ROM and installing alpha linux distros if i can avoid it.

entropy1980
07-07-2003, 07:07 PM
Well there is already Apache for windows and whil a port would require some work... it's not quite as bad as you think if I remember correctly the API for WinCE is identical if not very close to Win9x and up...

wocket
07-07-2003, 10:47 PM
Apache is available from General Paranoyaxc http://www.rainer-keuchel.de/software.html

And yes it runs on a standard pocketpc!!

Just remember to install the celib as well as editig the apache config. Lots of other good stuff there as well.

easylife
09-24-2003, 02:01 AM
...as well as editig the apache config...
Thank you! :D I tried to install it and had copied over the celib.dll file but I hadn't thought to edit the config file. If anyone is stuck, your ServerRoot should be "/Apache/" or "/Program Files/Apache/" or wherever you installed it. :way to go: