View Full Version : ipaq cant see sd card

wiljs
07-06-2003, 10:27 PM
all of a sudden my ipaq 3970 cant see either of my sd cards...both have been working fine...and still work in the 38xx I have...anyone know how to fix this? thanks in advance...

Jeff Song
07-06-2003, 11:44 PM
try to reset the ipaq. If a simple soft reset doesn't work, then you might have to do a hard reset. Gluck.

wiljs
07-06-2003, 11:57 PM
I tried a soft reset...nothing...tried several times to take em in and out and finally a hard reset....still wont see either card...every time i put it in it asks if i want to format it...i tried yes and i tried no and still it wont see the sd cards...they both work in a 38xx ipaq and i can access the files through the pc and a reader...

????

Pony99CA
07-07-2003, 03:08 AM
I tried a soft reset...nothing...tried several times to take em in and out and finally a hard reset....still wont see either card...every time i put it in it asks if i want to format it...i tried yes and i tried no and still it wont see the sd cards...they both work in a 38xx ipaq and i can access the files through the pc and a reader...
Have you tried doing a ScanDisk on the card? It can't hurt.

If that doesn't work, it sounds like a hardware problem to me. Off to Pocket PC Techs!

Steve

Kaician
07-07-2003, 01:53 PM
It's probably your sd card's formatting that's preventing it from being recognized. I have an axim and an sd card that was formatted to fat32. When trying to read the card in various friends' ipaqs it never worked. Then i read something about the formatting of the card for ipaqs, changed it to fat16, and presto, instant readability. So reformat your sd card to fat16 and see if that helps anything, hope it does, laters....

rzanology
07-10-2003, 05:43 PM
I say you find a digital cam or some one who has one and format the cards in the cam. Sounds crazy, but belive me it will work.