View Full Version : FREE Screen shot software???

JohnJohn
07-06-2003, 05:32 AM
Anyone know of any FREE screen shot software. Not sure if I am calling it the right thing. I want to save a .jpg of the current screen on my PDA. I have a 2215, so I would need it to work with WM2003.

If nothing decent is out there for FREE. Maybe some links to the goods ones that cost?

Thanks!!

Anthony Caruana
07-06-2003, 10:25 AM
Hi

Just did a quick :google: and found this one http://www.newmad.com/software.asp

I haven't used it but it is free! Not usre about WM2K3 support but I'd say that there will be a little trial and error as there aren't that many WM2K3 apps out there yet.

Hope this helps

thomas1973
07-06-2003, 12:46 PM
I use MagicSS. It works just like a Screen Shot program should - no bells and whistles. You assign it to run when pressing a hardware button, and pressing it now takes a snapshot of your screen. (So the downside is you have to assign one of your hardware buttons to it when you use it).

Thomas.

Eitel
07-06-2003, 12:57 PM
You have one that's free with your 2215.

Here's what you need to do. Go to "Settings" and then "System". Click on "iTask Settings" and then on the "Menu Item" select #10, which should be "Unassigned". Now, click on "Replace with:" and then Expand "Internal" select either "Capture" or "Delay Capture". Click Apply.

Now, open iTas with the button, and click on the arrow. You'll see the Capture at the end.

They get saved as .bmp, but you can moven them to your PC, open it in paint and do a "save as" and select .jpg

JohnJohn
07-06-2003, 01:26 PM
No downloading and testing...its already on the machine!! THANKS!

How much of a delay differs the to setting, "capture" and "delay capture"?

Sooner Al
07-06-2003, 11:43 PM
No downloading and testing...its already on the machine!! THANKS!

How much of a delay differs the to setting, "capture" and "delay capture"?

If its like the iPAQ 3835 then Capture means almost instantaneously, while Delay Capture is about a 5 to 8 second delay...