View Full Version : Question about free eBooks offered by MS

cab124
07-05-2003, 02:44 PM
Has anyone tried to use any of the free eBooks offered on the Microsoft Reader site? I downloaded one of them and it works fine on my desktop version of Reader but the PPC version keeps telling me that "Microsoft Reader is no longer able to access the book." I reactived just to make sure that was not the problem. Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks!

Philip Colmer
07-05-2003, 03:25 PM
It has worked for me.

Did you upgrade the copy of Reader on your Pocket PC device? If you are using Pocket PC 2002, you need to do a full installation, whereas if you are using Pocket PC 2003, there is an upgrade option.

Hope that helps.

--Philip

bleeman
07-05-2003, 05:35 PM
I'm running PPC2002 on my iPAQ 3835 and all I had to do was run it through the update process and it worked for me. It didn't require the Full Install. The only confusing part of the process was since I updated my desktop first the "...detect an update..." page kept telling me I was already updated. So I said NO when it asked if I'd let it automatically detect and that gave me the option to select the version I needed. Now I'm assuming since I was on an "Update Page" that I was downloading an update and not a complete full version. Either way, as Philip said, once you've applied the update or full version then you should be all set.