View Full Version : Help With PPC2k3 emulator!!!

luiskim
07-04-2003, 08:37 PM
Hi! i'm saving up here to get a iPAQ 2215... recently i had a ipaq 3850 and sold it to a friend...

What i would like to know is if there is any sowtware that can run my ipaq programs in my PC... like having a PPC in my PC... if the PPC 2003 sdk is the one that does that, please someone tell me how to use it... or at least what i need to be able to use it...

Last night i gave that a try and all i get is the dos promt... and none of the EXE files don't work...

It was asking for something like embedded C++.... where do i get that? or do i have to purchase it??? If someone can give me step by step instruction, that would be wonderful...

Thanks...
Luis...

Jerry Raia
07-04-2003, 08:40 PM
You can get it here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/pocket2003.asp

Its Free too.. :D

luiskim
07-04-2003, 10:01 PM
Thanks Lasher...
so after i install embedded Visual c++ and install PPC2003 SDK i should be able to have a virtual PPC on my computer???
i'm giving it a try now... let's see how my luck is... :)

Jerry Raia
07-04-2003, 10:06 PM
Dont forget Service Pack 2 for eVC.

luiskim
07-05-2003, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the information... i finally got it working... i can use the emulator without any problems except for one thing... it seems that the programs that i want to install don't work... i got the latest version of Resco File Explorer 2003 and i couldn't get it to install...

i extracted the file and copied the cab file using share folder (i don't know how to link the emulator and my PC yet, if there is a way)...

can someone please tell me what am i supposed to do in order to be able to install the softwares i want to try???
Thanks... Luis.... :(

gwinter
07-05-2003, 04:22 PM
This is a common misconception. The code that runs within the emulator is compiled for x86 architecture; the downloaded program is already compiled for ARM, so they will not run in the emulator. You have to have the source code for the program, and compile it for the emulator. The aim of the emulator is to let developers test their software without having to use an actual device.

luiskim
07-05-2003, 08:11 PM
You have to have the source code for the program, and compile it for the emulator.
mmm.... so basically what you are saying is that if i don't have the source code... yet if i don't know how to change the code, i'm not gonna be able to do anything i wanted to do??? if that's correct... is there a third party software that will do that for me??? or is it really hard to change that??? :(

Jerry Raia
07-05-2003, 08:23 PM
The only place to get the source code is from the people who wrote the programs.

luiskim
07-05-2003, 09:34 PM
The only place to get the source code is from the people who wrote the programs.
!#%#@%!#$... now i can't wait to get a ipaq2215!!! gotta start saving money.... :(

thank you to all of you... this is a great resourse... i really apreciate it :)