View Full Version : Ipaq and T Mobile

jutae
07-03-2003, 02:21 AM
Does anyone use this combination: Ipaq, T68i, and T Mobile's unlimited data plan via Bluetooth? If so, is this*99**# the right number to dial using bluetooth dialup modem? :?: :?:

mcrobin
07-03-2003, 03:02 AM
I am doing this from memory a long time ago, but for some reason I think there are three * in the middle.

Janak Parekh
07-03-2003, 03:05 AM
Check this site out (http://mork.home.mindspring.com/myvoicestreamhelp.htm); it's my favorite resource when setting up this combo.

--janak

whydidnt
07-03-2003, 03:58 AM
I use this setup today- well almost, I recently upgraded to a T610. :mrgreen:

Anyway the string is: *99***1# The variable being the 1 in this string. On my phone the 1 refers to data connection 1 which is T-mobile data (internet2.voicestream.com). It could be a different number on your phone, like 2, depending on which connection is set to WAP and which is set to Data. Good luck..

Whydidnt

jutae
07-03-2003, 06:03 AM
Thanks guys...I'll try *99***x# too. I wonder why the T-Mobile Tech gave me *99**#? I don't think my phone is ready yet anyways (he said could take up to 24hrs).

absolutVenky
07-04-2003, 12:21 AM
Just got my 2215 and one of the first things I tried was pairing it with my T68i and connecting to the 'net. The number for T-mobile is *99# - that's it.

Checked the download speed using pcpitstop.com on PIE - 50 kb/s. I've normally only seen 20-40 kb/s with my Convergentech card on the Axim. Will investigate this more in the coming days and post on my weblog.

Gestalt73
07-04-2003, 12:37 AM
t68i + 2215 + TMobile

The connect string for 2215 should be *99***4#
The "4" represents the new data connection that needs to be set up on the t68i.

One of the first things you'll want to do after you get connected is to the accelerator page and turn *OFF* the image acceleration, it's actually faster to pull down the full graphics.

Also, you can turn off images in PIE to speed things up. PIE only makes one connection to the server at a time. Like the old Internet Explorers. So first comes the web page, then it loads each of the graphics one by one. with an 800ms ping it can take a while.

Other than that it's been a blast so far.

Have Fun!

Alan

jutae
07-04-2003, 01:37 AM
:D Finally up and running. One problem was my T68i wasn't receiving the GPRS signal. Also, the first T Mob rep gave me the wrong dial string, i'm using *99***3# and GPRS monitor said I was connected at 69kb/sec as compared to the regular GSM connection I was using.

Jutae

merlin
07-04-2003, 07:39 AM
I use it with AT&T and it's *99#.
Maybe it's the same.

tato68
07-23-2003, 09:44 AM
folks,

can you please share your settings for the t68i?

i'm having problems connecting via t-mobile as well.

Thanks

eustts
07-23-2003, 05:14 PM
For Ericsson phones, access the Data Comm. menu(I have an R520m, but the menus should be very close for the T39,T68i,T610)

Goto SETTINGS/ Data Comm./Data accounts

Choose "Add account?" press YES
Choose GPRS data
Enter a name for the account "T-Mobile GPRS" press YES

Enter the following info:
APN: internet2.voicestream.com
User ID: leave blank
Passord: leave blank
Password request: OFF
Allow Calls: AUTOMATIC
IP Address: leave blank
Advanced Settings
Authentication: Normal
Data Compr: ON
Header Compr: ON
Quality of Service
Precedence: SUBSCRIBED
Delay: SUBSCRIBED
Reliability: CLASS 3
Peak rate: SUBSCRIBED
Mean rate: SUBSCRIBED

Back out of all menus by pressing "NO"

Access SETTINGS/ Data Comm./Data accounts again

Choose "T-mobile GPRS" account that you just entered, and write down the CID number.

If you have only one account listed it should be CID=1

You are now done with the phone!!!! YIPPEE

I have a HP 5455, PPC2002

Use Bluetooth manager to pair/bond the phone. After pairing you should have the following choices listed in the BT manager

Phone name: Serial 1
Phone name: Serial 2
Phone name: Dial-up networking

Where hone name is the name of the phone that was paired

Close BT manager.

Goto SETTINGS/CONNECTIONS/CONNECTIONS.
Under the "when needed, automatically connect to the internet using these settting" choose NEW....

New screen comes up, Create a connection,..... Choose new in the box

Enter name of connection "T-mobile GPRS Connection"
Select a modem: Bluetooth dialup modem
Baud: 57600
NEXT.....
Country code: leave blank
Area code: leave blank
Phone number: *99***CID number# (CID=1, *99***1#)
NEXT.....
Check mark "Cancel call if not cennted in "120" seconds
No check mark "Wait for dail tone before dialling
Wait for credit card tone "0" seconds
Extra dial-string modem commands" leave blank

Done setting up PPC

To connect:

Turn On Bluetooth
SETTINGS/CONNETIONS/CONNECTIONS choose "T-mobile GPRS connection"

Close windows, goto PIE and surf away.

tato68
07-23-2003, 07:09 PM
WOW! Thanks for all this help! I'm going to try it right away.

later...

jsanfordii
07-24-2003, 02:12 PM
Just when I was happy that I FINALLY got this to work with my 5455, I go out and do something stuiped like by a 5555.

Ugh. I've gotten to the point where my phone initiates a GPRS connection (the little world icon is displayed above the bluetooth icon on the t68i). When I go to various websites, I get the can't be found message. When I try to send an email I get a can't connect message.

Anyone got this working with the 555X series?

James

eustts
07-24-2003, 04:04 PM
Gosh, I was hoping that Wm2003 would be easier to set up. I won't have a copy in my hands until 8/5. :D

I just got my WM2003 installed. I am working on the connection process. :lol:

cub
11-21-2004, 04:59 PM
Do I need to pay extra for a data plan to do this or I just use up my minutes by doing this?
Thanks,
Lucas

t68i + 2215 + TMobile

The connect string for 2215 should be *99***4#
The "4" represents the new data connection that needs to be set up on the t68i.

One of the first things you'll want to do after you get connected is to the accelerator page and turn *OFF* the image acceleration, it's actually faster to pull down the full graphics.

Also, you can turn off images in PIE to speed things up. PIE only makes one connection to the server at a time. Like the old Internet Explorers. So first comes the web page, then it loads each of the graphics one by one. with an 800ms ping it can take a while.

Other than that it's been a blast so far.

Have Fun!

Alan