View Full Version : 2215 Inbox file attachment storage

jtokaji
07-02-2003, 01:12 PM
I purchased the new 2215 and so far so good. Using Ambicom CF wireless card, and after two days found correct driver. The one thing I cannot figure out is how to select the SD card to store inbox attachments. It defaults to the iPAQ file store no matter what I do. Anyone has run into this, or has any ideas?

Thanks,

John

msprague
07-02-2003, 01:16 PM
This topic (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14270) should get you started.

igreen
07-02-2003, 03:48 PM
Try this registry tweak. Its what I used to get attachments to get stored to SD on my 2215. I got it off Brighthand. The important thing is the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\MAPI\AttachPath where you change "Atachpath" to "SD card".

Saving attachments to SD card
Also note when you select the checkbox to save to storage card - it'll save to the rom storage right now even if you have a SD card inserted. There's a fix for it in the registry - i'll find the link shortly...

Instead of linking the post, I've cut & pasted instructions below and made a minor change - ie. renaming the Built-in storage from the Dell Axims to Flash ROM Disk for the E755 (this was originally taken from rmiller105's post):

0) Back up your system before proceeding!!!

1) Make sure that the inbox Application is not running

2) Create the directory structure you want on your SD card. I created the directory \data\email\

( I had already renamed my SD card to data see -

http://www.phm.lu/PocketPC/RegTweaks/Tweak.asp?ref=49 )

3) Cut and paste the Inbox directories from \Flash ROM Disk\ into the directory you created on your SD card. I cut
\Flash ROM Disk\Inbox.mst....... and pasted it to \data\email\Inbox.mst......

(replace the .... with the appropriate filename )

4) Edit the registry key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\MAPI\AttachPa

th

to reflect the new path. I did not change the Inbox.mst........ portion.

My orriginal AttachPath key was

\Flash ROM Disk\Inbox.mst........

and I changed it to

\data\email\Inbox.mst........

5) Perform a soft reset.

6) Download your email. All of my attachments were intact, and after receiving email with attachments, I checked the \data\email\Inbox.mst....... directory. The file count, and byte size had incremented.