View Full Version : Query on PocketPC Mesenger client and Exchange Server

msamuels
07-01-2003, 11:22 PM
Sorry, if this has come up before, I had a quick check but didn't spot anything.

Does anyone know if the messenger client that comes with PPC2002/3 works with Exchange Server 2000 or 2003?

Either it's me or Microsoft released a mobile messenger client that doesn't work with Exchange... :(

Janak Parekh
07-02-2003, 02:21 AM
Hmm, Exchange support is listed in the Accounts tab... I take it you've tried it and it hasn't worked? If so, try "Domain\User" as the username. That makes a difference sometimes.

--janak

msamuels
07-02-2003, 10:09 AM
I have tried it, but it doesn't seem to connect, I can't check the polling (I haven't seen an option for this on the PPC client).

It's bugging me, because I have a feeling I had it working once (just once) a long, long time ago, when E2K and PPC2K2 we'e still fun!

I have a feeling it's something to do with authentication, I've already set up IM polling and digest authentication etc. on the server...

BTW, it's only so my wife and I can communicate when she's on the groundfloor watching Coronation Street or Eastenders (soap addict) and I'm upstairs doing my geek thang! I know I could get it working using our MSN passports, so why do it the hard way? W?BIC! :D

msamuels
07-02-2003, 11:06 PM
Say it with me:

Doh! (picture of slap on forehead)

I hadn't configured fixed ports on the XP client, and my wife had changed her password, which is why I couldn't get the PPC client to work...it's always the most stupid things....

:)