View Full Version : GPRS Upload/Download Activity Monitor for the task bar???

CTSLICK
07-01-2003, 11:17 PM
I know there are several apps out there that will tell me how much data I have sent and received . Thats not really what I am looking for. What I would really like is a little upload/download activity monitor that would live on the task bar. When I am using GPRS to connect my Axim to the internet I am always wondering...is it working?...am I getting anything?...is my connection dead?

If you have used ZoneAlarm on your PC you may have an idea of what I am talking about. ZoneAlarm puts an activity monitor in your system tray that shows if you are uploading or downloading data. Has anyone seen anything like this for the PPC?

Janak Parekh
07-02-2003, 02:23 AM
Spb's GPRS Monitor is still a great app for this IMHO. Not only does it meter data, it has three bars in the notification tray: a "speed" bar, a "blocks" bar, and a "battery" bar. The second one is a very decent indicator of progress (i.e., it shows data transferred), and I use GPRS Monitor as much for the block meter as much as anything.

Download the trial and give it a shot...

--janak

CTSLICK
07-02-2003, 02:18 PM
Thanks Janak, I looked at Spb's GPRS Monitor and I missed this info. :oops: I'll have to give it a try. Thanks again for the tip.