View Full Version : Newbie. 1945/t68i internet?

spoolup
07-01-2003, 05:20 AM
hi everyone.
I am a newbie at this wireless inet stuff.
To be honest i don't own a PPC yet but i am trying to figure some stuff out first before i jump in.
I am thinking of buying the new ipaq 1945, and "bluetooth" it with my t68.
what is the next step as far as going online to surf or check mail? i will be traveling within europe and the US very often. is there an isp that takes care of all that? do i get msn mobile? can I use any US isp while in the US?

thank you for your replies.
PS

whydidnt
07-01-2003, 05:51 AM
Welcome to the world of Windows Mobile 2003! :D

You should be able to obtain GPRS internet access from your Mobile Phone Provider. Most providers offer this service for an additional charge. Once you have data access from your provider, you need to tell the PPC to use the T68 as a modem. 2003 makes this VERY easy compared to previous versions of PPC. You will need to know the proper dialing sequence for your phone and provider. There are several places online that have the correct sequences for the T68 and various providers, but your cell phone company may be able to help also.

Regarding access to e-mail. Many US providers don't provide direct (inbox) access to your standard e-mail account. However, most ISP's do provide access to Web based e-mail, which works great within Pocket IE. Check with your provider to see if they offer this. If not, than perhaps you can forward to web base service like Hotmail or Yahoo while traveling.

I hope this helps. Once you get the PPC and start playing around with it, let us know if you have more specific questions. There are always a lot of people around here that can help! 0X

Whydidnt