View Full Version : Blank Screen when Powered On

pocketpcdude1024
06-30-2003, 09:03 PM
I have a Toshiba e310, and recently when I turn it on, the screen is blank (but sometimes the backlight is on) and the only way to get it back to normal is to pull out the SD card and soft reset it. :( I have tried turning it off without the SD card in it, turning it on without the SD card in it, and a number of other things but it persists on requiring the soft reset, which makes me think that it is not the SD card that is causing it. Has anyone had a similar problem? Does anyone know how to fix my PPC? :cry:

pocketpcdude1024
06-30-2003, 11:23 PM
OK, I hard reset it and it keeps doing it, which indicates it's a hardware problem. 8O Does anyone know what the policy is at Toshiba for year-old broken PDAs? :cry:

Janak Parekh
07-01-2003, 06:08 AM
OK, I hard reset it and it keeps doing it, which indicates it's a hardware problem. 8O Does anyone know what the policy is at Toshiba for year-old broken PDAs? :cry:
Is it less than one year, or more than one year? The latter probably would be an out-of-warranty repair. :cry:

--janak

pocketpcdude1024
07-01-2003, 02:35 PM
I bought it in July 2002, which makes it *technically* less than one year old. :wink:

Janak Parekh
07-01-2003, 04:27 PM
I bought it in July 2002, which makes it *technically* less than one year old. :wink:
Then, by all means, contact Toshiba ASAP and get a replacement or repair if necessary. You're running out of time...

--janak

JET
07-02-2003, 10:15 AM
My e310 had a 'white screen' problem for which I returned it to Toshiba for repair. It was returned, apparently fixed, but after a week or so the problem returned. Once again I contacted Toshiba and they eventually said that as they had already tried and failed once to repair it, they would replace it.

'Unfortunately' as the e310 is no longer available, I got an e330 instead :D ! Who knows, you may get an e350 - Got to be worth a try :wink: !

JET

JackTheTripper
07-02-2003, 11:33 PM
send that puppy in. Mine did that when I first got it

Sent in and they had it back to me in about 4 days

No probs since.