View Full Version : POCKET PC THOUGHTS Filter For WINCE Devices

achille
06-30-2003, 04:25 AM
Alright
NO ONE get angry at me, I'm not going to give this filter unless People here are ok with it. I'm not in any way threatening pocket pc's funds, but I'm trying to make Pocketpcthoughts like it used to be once upon a time, readable, useable on WinCE devices ( and On my Home PC as well )

I've made a filter, see the images below

Anyone interested? You guys ok if I give it away?

http://pigseye.kennesaw.edu/%7Eaxn1705/User.gif

I'll run away and duck now, hopefully I won't hear any gunshots.

Jacob
06-30-2003, 04:37 AM
Well, if this prevents the loading of the ads, then won't this be taking away profits?

I don't dislike the look without them - just want to get out of the way when Jason comes to attack :|

achille
06-30-2003, 04:43 AM
Well, if this prevents the loading of the ads, then won't this be taking away profits?

I don't dislike the look without them - just want to get out of the way when Jason comes to attack :|
Ya, that's what makes the pages much smaller (kb, total) and faster... And that's why I'm still ducking... and not releasing it.... yet ...

Dave Beauvais
06-30-2003, 04:54 AM
As I understand it, when Jason and team release the subscriber services in the next week or so, you'll be able to get rid of ads as well as just about any other item or section you don't wish to see. Will it be free? No, of course not. But Thoughts will look great on both desktops and Pocket PCs, and you can have your reduced bandwidth by eliminating the ads and other graphics the right way.

Whether you mean to or not, you're really undermining a lot of what Jason and his team have been working so hard on over the last several months. I'd say keep your filter to yourself. If you enjoy Thoughts enough to take the time to develop something like this, surely it's worth it to you to pay for the subscriber services when they come out.

--Dave

Steven Cedrone
06-30-2003, 12:52 PM
Whether you mean to or not, you're really undermining a lot of what Jason and his team have been working so hard on over the last several months. I'd say keep your filter to yourself. If you enjoy Thoughts enough to take the time to develop something like this, surely it's worth it to you to pay for the subscriber services when they come out.

I couldn't have said it better myself...

By blocking ads, you are taking money from the site. The subscription services will be available very soon, and they will allow you to customize the appearance of the site.

Please do not distribute this filter, keep it to yourself...

Thread locked (at least temporarily)...

Steven Cedrone
Community Moderator

Jason Dunn
06-30-2003, 04:35 PM
I'm not in any way threatening pocket pc's funds, but I'm trying to make Pocketpcthoughts like it used to be once upon a time, readable, useable on WinCE devices ( and On my Home PC as well )

I don't think you understand how advertising works on the Internet. This site only makes money when ads load - we don't work on a "click" basis (if we did, we would have shut down by now). Your filter effectively kills any and all revenue that we have, and if you release this, I doubt I'd be able to sell any advertising, and the site would shut down in a matter of weeks. Do you comprehend the damage you could do to this site, this community, and to me personally?

The days you refer to, when we had no advertising and it was a single-column design, were back when I was writing full time for PocketPC.com - I was making a living off of writing for Microsoft, and Pocket PC Thoughts was just a hobby. It's now a business for me, and I have bills to pay just like you. I don't understand why you'd hate this site, and me, so much that you'd want to nullify the ability for me to support myself.

Since you apparently want to shut this site down, I've locked your account for a while before you can do any more damage. Contact me privately if you want it turned back on.