View Full Version : New SD card! Help!!!!

mbranscum
06-28-2003, 08:20 PM
I just bout a 256mb sd card to replace the 64 md sd card on my HP1910. I am using Sprite back up and said in my options to include the SD card. When I try to restore to the larger SD card I get an error. Can I not beck up from the 64mb and restore to the 256????

Thanks.

Mike (also waiting for the regitration service-keep up the good work!) :D

Pat Logsdon
06-28-2003, 08:30 PM
What is the error message you're getting?

mbranscum
06-28-2003, 09:00 PM
What is the error message you're getting?

A program error has occurred and alog file has been generated. Please send log file to support

mbranscum
06-28-2003, 09:27 PM
the SD card I bout had a loose LOCK switch on the side! Lexar brand...kept sliding to the the locked position when I inserted the card!!! Thanks anyway.

darrylb
06-30-2003, 01:41 AM
It could be that the backup is looking for the same disk format. Supposedly SD media does not have physical boundaries, however, experience with some cards and some readers (like here (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10363)) leads me to believe otherwise. Therefore if the backup software did the backup at a low level it could be expecting the same "physical boundaries" to exist :roll: .

To work around this, you could get a card reader, copy the data to your computer, then copy it on to the new card. I have used this method in the past with no problems.