View Full Version : HP iPAQ 1945 Free Shipping and 10% off - $269.99!

cmorris
06-28-2003, 07:40 PM
Just ordered my HP iPAQ 1945 from hpshopping.com, they are in stock!

Use the coupon code sv7095 for 10% off.

It's going to be a long 5-7 business days... :lol:

Enderet
06-28-2003, 08:06 PM
Its true i just went to hpshopping and they do have it. Called the HP reps and they said its shipping. Sheesh ... maybe I should lay down some more cash and buy this one so my 2215 wont feel lonely :?

mbranscum
06-28-2003, 08:46 PM
some more cash and buy this one so my 2215 wont feel lonely :?

I was seriously thinking of buying the 2215 until I read Jason's review about the screen not being as good as the 1900 series. Now I'm having second thoughts...may just pick up the 1945

Enderet
06-28-2003, 08:52 PM
I personaly was going to wait until the new PPCs with Win Mobile came out but... now that the 2215 was selling for 293 for students, I couldnt pass up the offer. I really wanted to wait and see how well the 1945 and the Asus benchmarked and so forth... but... well if there is another new gen PPC that is better than the 2215 in relation to my needs, Ill just have to go ahead and buy it.

Excalliber
06-28-2003, 09:42 PM
I've been struggling with the decision. Should i get a 194X or a 221X? price is not really the issue, they're both the same for a student. I seriously can't decide, especially with all the WiFi and other SDIO cards coming out... :frusty:

Excalliber
06-28-2003, 10:07 PM
Its true i just went to hpshopping and they do have it. Called the HP reps and they said its shipping. Sheesh ... maybe I should lay down some more cash and buy this one so my 2215 wont feel lonely :?

Yeah, thanks... now you make me want to burn twice the cash for both... hmm, not that bad of an idea though. One for each hand...

:twak:
Nope, i don't have the money at the moment. :?

Bogart
06-29-2003, 02:51 AM
I ordered my iPAQ 1945 at HPshopping.com using next business day delivery. I paid $319.98 using the coupon. My order should be delivered Monday 30 and I expect to have it on Tuesday 1. I ordered next business day since I am flying to Mexico next Tuesday. I will let you to know the quality delivery of HPshopping.com.
I wonder if there is a mistake on their post that they have the iPAQ 1945 since hp says they will be shipping them July 18. I hope HPshopping.com really do has them since it will be very cool to show all my friends this little wonder. I own a iPAQ 1910, but I will be selling it soon. I rather to have Bluetooth and the new Windows 2003.

maikii
06-29-2003, 10:58 PM
[I was seriously thinking of buying the 2215 until I read Jason's review about the screen not being as good as the 1900 series

Where is that review? I can't find it.

Janak Parekh
06-29-2003, 11:38 PM
[I was seriously thinking of buying the 2215 until I read Jason's review about the screen not being as good as the 1900 series

Where is that review? I can't find it.
Right at the top of the front page. Here's a link (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/phpads/adclick.php?bannerid=200&zoneid=11&source=&dest=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pocketpcthoughts.com%2Farticles.php%3Faction%3Dexpand%2C13980).

Note that he did say that the 2215 screen is still very, very good, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

--janak

Bogart
06-30-2003, 07:26 PM
OK. I ordered my iPAQ 1945 from hpshopping.com. After I placed my first order, I got an email from hpshopping telling me that they were going to review my credit card in order to make sure everything was right. One hour later, I got an email saying that my credit card was declined because something was wrong with it. I used other 2 credit cards and they came back with the same email saying that something was wrong with my credit cards. Today, few minutes ago I talked to the customer service and they asked me to tolk to my credit cards customer service. I asked if the problem was that they do not accept my credit cards because indeed they do not have the iPAQ 1945. They confirmed that it was a mistake of them, and that my order did not proceed because THEY DO NOT HAVE THE IPAQ 1945 IN STOCK. They asked me to wait until July something and buy the IPAQ from a store like Best Buy.
I thought I could get my iPAQ tomorrow and taking it with me to Mexico, but that will not be the case. I hope hpshopping has more careful in their ads. It is very frustrating tht they post they have it, and they do not.
I wanted to try MobilPlanet, but after I called them, the customer service told me that they will know for sure tomorrow if it will be for sell or not. They posted that the iPAQs 1945 will be shipping today 30, but their web page is not updated. I think I will have to wait around 15 days and buy it from a regular store and not online.

Enderet
06-30-2003, 08:03 PM
Grrr HP lied to me :really mad: