View Full Version : Two Axim Questions

jdavid
06-28-2003, 07:32 PM
1. I have the original Dell Axim 300, I guess with the chipset that they were using at the beginning- PXA250.
-What do I need to know specifically in regards to upgrading to the new Pocket PC 2003 upgrade. Will there be anything different from those with the newer chipset. I thought I saw some discussion on that.

2. I am using the Netgear MA701 wireless card with Intersil drivers and Pocket WinC. Is that the best software to use if I want to be able to see any avaialbe networks and then actually log into them. So far its pretty good, except its slow.

Thanks for the help

Enderet
06-28-2003, 07:38 PM
I can only help answer your first question....

1. The PXA 250 which you have now will operate more slow than the 255.

TopDog
06-28-2003, 07:40 PM
1. You have to buy the upgrade from Dell. The upgrade should be quite easy to install, just remember that like any other ROM-upgrade, everything on your PPC will be erased, so sync/backup before you start.

2. In PPC2003 there is supposed to be a buildt in function that scans for any available network, haven't tried it yet though (have ordered the upgrade, expected delivery 20. july :)

One thing to remember before upgrading though, you need new drivers for all hardware you may have (espesially WLAN/LAN-cards).

jdavid
06-28-2003, 07:40 PM
Is there a way to get Dell to exchange your axim for one with the new chipset if you say somethings wrong with your axim?

yeah I ordered the upgrade for $24.65 this morning. Do they wait to charge your credit card once its shipped?

TopDog
06-28-2003, 08:03 PM
yeah I ordered the upgrade for $24.65 this morning. Do they wait to charge your credit card once its shipped?Well, I haven't been charged yet...

Howard2k
06-28-2003, 08:52 PM
Is there a way to get Dell to exchange your axim for one with the new chipset if you say somethings wrong with your axim?

yeah I ordered the upgrade for $24.65 this morning. Do they wait to charge your credit card once its shipped?

:roll: I should take my car back since they just released this years modell...

dh
06-28-2003, 11:29 PM

:roll: I should take my car back since they just released this years modell...

I'm hoping Audi is going to have a free upgrade to bring my car to 04 spec.