View Full Version : It works!

Stephen Beesley
06-27-2003, 01:29 PM
My first wireless posting. Sending this from my Jornada 568 and a wifi card from the carpark :mrgreen:

Goldtee

Jason Dunn
06-27-2003, 04:18 PM
My first wireless posting. Sending this from my Jornada 568 and a wifi card from the carpark :mrgreen:

Isn't it just a beautiful thing? :D

Reza
07-02-2003, 11:55 PM
and this is my very first wireless post! :D

e755 + Linksys Wireless G...

Stephen Beesley
07-03-2003, 09:32 AM
and this is my very first wireless post!

e755 + Linksys Wireless G...

How do you find the e755 - now that I have discovered Wireless the e 750 series is the hot favourite for my next PPC (if I can beat back the temptation :devilboy: of the Sharp SL 5600 Linux PDA ).

I am really curious about the range of the wifi in the e750s compared to a CF card or even the HP 5450 with their external Antenna.

Goldtee

Reza
07-03-2003, 06:27 PM
How do you find the e755
I am really curious about the range of the wifi in the e750s compared to a CF card or even the HP 5450 with their external Antenna.
Goldtee
Well I was pretty impressed by the e755’s wireless features mainly because it all worked out of the box and I managed to connect to the internet through my Linksys 802.11b/g router within minutes. Browsing and emailing from anywhere in the house is a blessing (wow! listen to me talking! I’m captain geek or what?! :D). The range is pretty good and goes through a series of thick walls (but that may just be the router being powerful). I can even see some neighbor’s wireless network! Let’s hope he’s not a hacker! :|

I’m largely satisfied by this new PPC. It’s relatively fast: SPB benchmark results say it’s faster than the 2210 so that makes it the fastest Pocket PC on the planet pending benchmarks of the 5550. I say “relatively fast” because it’s not mind-blowingly faster than my old 3870. I like the overall design, it’s nice, straightforward yet effective (not too small like the 1910, not weird like the 5000 series and not a plastic brick like the DELLs). The Jog Dial is a must for any kind of reading (IE, MS Reader, etc.). The transflective screen is a very little bit milky compared to my wife’s 1910, but still so much better than my old 3870. The CF port is great for me to store lots of data (can’t wait for the new microdrives to chuck in heaps of MPS3s and a couple of DivX movies). I just ordered a high capacity battery that (apparently) delivers a whooping 10+ hours of autonomy in intense WiFi usage! 8O

I know many 740 users hate Toshiba right now for not offering 2003 upgrades, but I can’t say I’m unhappy with the e755 and definitely recommend it to anyone with a WiFi network at home or at work.

BTS
07-04-2003, 11:16 PM
How do you find the e755
Goldtee
Well I was pretty impressed by the e755’s wireless features mainly because it all worked out of the box and I managed to connect to the internet through my Linksys 802.11b/g router within minutes. Browsing and emailing from anywhere in the house is a blessing (wow! listen to me talking! I’m captain geek or what?! :D). The range is pretty good and goes through a series of thick walls (but that may just be the router being powerful). I can even see some neighbor’s wireless network! Let’s hope he’s not a hacker! :|

I’m largely satisfied by this new PPC. It’s relatively fast: SPB benchmark results say it’s faster than the 2210 so that makes it the fastest Pocket PC on the planet pending benchmarks of the 5550. I say “relatively fast” because it’s not mind-blowingly faster than my old 3870. I like the overall design, it’s nice, straightforward yet effective (not too small like the 1910, not weird like the 5000 series and not a plastic brick like the DELLs). The Jog Dial is a must for any kind of reading (IE, MS Reader, etc.). The transflective screen is a very little bit milky compared to my wife’s 1910, but still so much better than my old 3870. The CF port is great for me to store lots of data (can’t wait for the new microdrives to chuck in heaps of MPS3s and a couple of DivX movies). I just ordered a high capacity battery that (apparently) delivers a whooping 10+ hours of autonomy in intense WiFi usage! 8O

I know many 740 users hate Toshiba right now for not offering 2003 upgrades, but I can’t say I’m unhappy with the e755 and definitely recommend it to anyone with a WiFi network at home or at work.

I just picked up my 750 today! I got tired of waiting for a Linksys wireless CF adapter driver. I compared this to the 2210 and fell in love with the larger screen.

Getting online took me about 1 minute with the zero config option. It's so cool to sit outside and do this without my laptop!

Jerry Raia
07-05-2003, 12:18 AM
Now we need a little icon that shows a post was made wirelessly, Like this one. :idea:

Stephen Beesley
07-07-2003, 02:49 PM
Now we need a little icon that shows a post was made wirelessly, Like this one. :idea:

Great idea - now all I have to do is get my subscription organised and I can see mobile posting being the way of my future!

The comments about the e755 sound good - the big question now is can I hold out until December....?

Goldtee