View Full Version : Does anyone have a PDA car holder? I have questions

naraku
06-27-2003, 08:42 AM
Hi, I use my PDA mainly as a MP3 player for my car. I normally put my PDA where the emergency break is, but it gets annoying when i'm driving and i have to flip the cover (i dont want the screen getting damaged) then pressing the buttons to change songs or whatever. If I don't have the cover on, i just place it on the passenger seat, but when I make turns it flys all over the place.

I'm looking for a secure place to put it. I know they have good cell phone holders that fits into a car's air vent. I am looking for a PDA holder that fits into a car's air vent. Some sites that have it say it's basically just a stand for holding the PDA while the car is not moving. I need one that can hold my PDA while my car is moving. "Pharos" has one that uses a magnet. It's called, "Pharos MagnaHolder Universal PDA Magnetic Mounting Bracket for Air Vent." Does anyone use this or something similar? I tried testing my Jornada with a magnet and the magnet didn't stick onto the back...so I have doubts if the product will work. Thanks in advance.

leigho
06-27-2003, 09:17 AM
You could try looking at http://www.arkon.com/pdamount.html

Not sure where you are in the world but I think they ship everywhere and the vent mount one I use holds my iPAQ very secure and is easy to remove when not in use.

Leigh

msprague
06-27-2003, 01:39 PM
Another vote for Arkon's vent mount. Depending on the vent it can be tricky to remove once installed. On my car I have to use the nail file in my swiss army knife to get the clip to release, no biggie though. It works great for my GPS navigation.
You will want to check out Arkon's Multimedia mounts too that have a built in FM transmitter for tuning your radio to the Pocket PC audio.

naraku
06-28-2003, 09:05 AM
thanks so much for the site. it's just what i was looking for.