View Full Version : Front site pages not enough!!

jlp
06-26-2003, 11:57 PM
I find that 2 pages of news in the front page are not enough.

Nowadays that barely covers the last 2 days, so if you go on an extended weekend or are absent for more than even just one day, chances are you've missed something!!

A standard 10 pages would be more realistic.

Don't you think?!

Janak Parekh
06-27-2003, 12:00 AM
That's what the "Archives" link on the left side of the homepage is for. :)

--janak

Jason Dunn
06-27-2003, 03:17 AM
If you sign up as a subscriber, you'll have the ability to have as many as 600 posts at your disposal (30 items per page and 20 pages worth of news).

jlp
07-11-2003, 10:54 PM
why not just add more links at the bottom of the main page, so one gets news in order they were published. That way it's easier to see when one runs into the last news item one saw.

Jason Dunn
07-11-2003, 11:01 PM
why not just add more links at the bottom of the main page, so one gets news in order they were published. That way it's easier to see when one runs into the last news item one saw.

Subscribe and you'll get what you want. Simple. :D

GoldKey
07-11-2003, 11:02 PM
Did you try the Archive link that janak suggested? That should give you what you want for free.

If you want total control, you can subscribe, then you get to totally define the layout. I have mine at 20 pages and 30 items per page. :drool:

Jason, we need a drool emoticon.

Jason Dunn
07-12-2003, 12:02 AM
If you want total control, you can subscribe, then you get to totally define the layout. I have mine at 20 pages and 30 items per page.

Oh, so THAT'S why our server groans whenever you log in. :lol:

GoldKey
07-12-2003, 02:15 AM

At least I don't feel guilty anymore about having this page up in the background half the day since I coughed up for a subscription! Even still, I feel like I am getting the better end of the deal.

Kati Compton
07-12-2003, 02:16 AM
If it makes you feel any better, I could turn off all front page posts, as I only ever hit "New Posts" anyway. ;)

GoldKey
07-12-2003, 02:20 AM
If it makes you feel any better, I could turn off all front page posts, as I only ever hit "New Posts" anyway. ;)

Don't let that newfound power go to your head! :wink:

Kati Compton
07-12-2003, 02:25 AM
Hahahahha. I meant for me only, not for everyone.

Janak Parekh
07-12-2003, 05:29 AM
At least I don't feel guilty anymore about having this page up in the background half the day since I coughed up for a subscription! Even still, I feel like I am getting the better end of the deal.
Besides, don't worry about it. Our new kick-ass server is holding up the load just fine for now. :rock on dude!:

--janak

Janak Parekh
07-12-2003, 05:29 AM
Hahahahha. I meant for me only, not for everyone.
I was going to say... you could turn off everyone's ability to see front posts... but only really by deleting all of them. That would be a little extreme, right? :lol:

--janak