View Full Version : Sprint PCS & the demise of Sony Erricson T608

CAPreppy
06-26-2003, 05:29 PM
This was posted in the wireless Forum, but I know that a lot of us are also Sprint PCS Users who have been waiting rather patiently since early March 2003 for a Sprint PCS Phone with Blue Tooth.

Sony Ericsson: No CDMA in U.S. phones
[http://famulus.msnbc.com/famulusgen/cnet06-24-143502.asp?t=CNTEK]

:really mad:
This may be the impetus I need to leave Sprint. Although the plan is the best out there, I want to be able to connect my phones to my PDA via Bluetooth. I'm doing the gomadic thing now, but the cable is a pain because it comes loose occassionaly.

What are your thoughts?

Tom

Newsboy
06-26-2003, 05:53 PM
I'm leaving Sprint as well. I've been a customer for seven years now, and frankly, I'm disappointed. I had the first CDMA handset sold in the US, the Samsung SCH-1000, and since then, they have only released a handful of products that have been market leaders. They are incredibly slow to implement new technologies, and the reception in the NYC area is excellent at times, and atrocious two blocks away.

Next stop: T-Mobile and a Microsoft SmartPhone. :)

Mona13
06-28-2003, 02:39 AM
I just switched to Sprint. I was hoping they would come out soon with the i700 soon or at least a bluetooth phone. Unlimited PCS Vision is included in the $100 plan that I share with my daughter. My 2nd line is free also. In the meantime, I purchased the Sanyo 5300 and I love it!

I had the T68i with T-Mobile and 5455. I even like this better than that combination.

I purchased reqwireless.com e-mail and web viewers and it's awesome. I can read all of my forums, pocketpcpassion, brighthand, pocketpcthoughts, etc. and, I get my phone calls even when I am on PCS Vision. The HTML pictures work great.

The screen may not be quite as large, but no scrolling left to right and my Yahoo e-mail works perfectly.

At home I use the WLAN on my PDA, but out and about the 5300 works great.

I'm still waiting on the i700, but until then, this works fine.