View Full Version : Inactivity Timeout

reynolpe
06-26-2003, 04:35 PM
This may not be the right group to ask this so I am sorry if it isn't. Does anyone know how to set a maxium timeout that the user can choose for the inactivity timeout period? By default the user can set it up to 24 hours. I need to be able to limit that setting to 1 hour (company policy). I would assume there is something in the registry that you can do to change this. PLEASE HELP!

Janak Parekh
06-26-2003, 06:20 PM
I'm not quite sure what you mean. Are you talking about the Pocket PC autolocking feature, i.e., the turn-on password, or something else? If it's that, I believe the password autolock featureset depends on which Pocket PC it is.

--janak

reynolpe
06-26-2003, 06:35 PM
I am talking about in settings =>password. There is an option for "Prompt if device is unused for:" I would like to change this to where the maxium length of time is 1 hour. Meaning when the user click the down arrow the longest period of time shown is 1 hour. Let me know if this still does not make sense. :)

ntractv
06-26-2003, 06:40 PM
Checking the selection for strong alphanumeric password will let you change.

Kati Compton
06-26-2003, 07:32 PM
I am talking about in settings =>password. There is an option for "Prompt if device is unused for:" I would like to change this to where the maxium length of time is 1 hour. Meaning when the user click the down arrow the longest period of time shown is 1 hour. Let me know if this still does not make sense. :)
Okay - to clarify...

It's not that you just want one particular device to time out at 1 hour. It's that you want the device to not even give you the OPTION for times longer than 1 hour so you can keep people from choosing longer times? If that's the case, I don't think you can do that, but it's *possible* there's a registry hack somewhere that would...

Janak Parekh
06-26-2003, 07:44 PM
If that's the case, I don't think you can do that, but it's *possible* there's a registry hack somewhere that would...
Either that, or there might be some device management software designed for enterprise environments. Unfortunately, I have no experience on that with Pocket PCs. :(

--janak