View Full Version : connecting ViewSonic Pocket PC using T68i

shaminda
06-26-2003, 02:37 PM
I have a Sony Ericsson T68i phone. I am trying to connect my ViewSonic V36 Pocket PC to the internet through IrDa. My carrier is T-Mobile. Do I need a GPRS plan for my phone to do it? Do I have other options? If so where can I get information on how to do it? Where can I get information on
1) phone number string
2) extra dial-string modem commands
stuff like that.

sbrown23
06-27-2003, 04:24 AM
T-mobile offers unlimited GPRS data for $19.99...

Janak Parekh
06-27-2003, 04:34 AM
OK -- here goes. While you don't need GPRS, that is, you can dial up an ISP, it is terribly, terribly slow -- about 9600 baud -- and will put you to sleep. ;) T-Mobile offers data plans for $9.99 and $19.99; the latter is unlimited, so it's actually a pretty good deal.

Once you get that, it's a matter of configuring the T68i to listen on IR, set up a data account, and configure the Pocket PC to dial. There's a number of guides scattered around here and on the Internet on getting the T68/T68i and a Pocket PC to work with Bluetooth; it's almost identical, although you set up the IR instead and pick the IR modem off the list... if I remember correctly. Try a couple of searches; if that doesn't work, post back and I'll try to dig further instructions out.

Good luck!

--janak