View Full Version : 293 dollars for a 2215!?

Enderet
06-26-2003, 02:50 AM
OMG please someone give me some feedback on this...go to the compaq store online, get into the k-12 section....select your state and then select the "national price list". Is it just me or does it say 293?

spursdude
06-26-2003, 02:52 AM
Wow... I see that too. That is a great deal.

whydidnt
06-26-2003, 04:28 AM
I can't add it to my cart. I get a server error every time I try. :evil: I think it's a mistake, as that's the price they are offering the 1940 for.
:mecry:
Whydidnt

PetiteFlower
06-26-2003, 04:51 AM
Maybe that's "educational pricing" or something.

Enderet
06-26-2003, 05:04 AM
It is educational pricing...
I just ordered mine :D

Enderet
06-26-2003, 05:46 AM
I can't add it to my cart. I get a server error every time I try. :evil: I think it's a mistake, as that's the price they are offering the 1940 for.
:mecry:
Whydidnt

No its not a mistake ... Its throught the education and I and several others have ordered ours,

Christian
06-26-2003, 06:19 AM
Add me to the list! Just ordered mine. :D

rhmorrison
06-26-2003, 06:56 AM
OMG ...go to the compaq store online, get into the k-12 section....select your state and then select the "national price list". Is it just me or does it say 293?
Select the "(WSCA)" price list and it only costs $ 267 :jawdrop:

Sparkomatic
06-26-2003, 07:15 AM
I tried to put on in the cart but no go. It mentions PO's and eligibility. How will you get past that?

Kati Compton
06-26-2003, 07:18 AM
I think the point is that it's cheaper for educators and students, not everybody.

Enderet
06-26-2003, 07:29 AM
mmm various people have ordered as have I with no problems

Janak Parekh
06-26-2003, 04:43 PM
I think the point is that it's cheaper for educators and students, not everybody.
Right. Additionally, there are purchasing cooperatives that make it even cheaper. Like rhmorrison, I saw the $267 price for higher education, under the Multi-Educational & Institutional Cooperative (http://www.eandi.org/) in my case, which includes the institution I'm in.

Strangely enough, though, the 1940 is the exact same price. :?

Enderet, the order might not go through. If it does, and you're not affiliated with an academic institution, you've found a loophole that HP may close if they're reading this board. ;)

--janak

Hyperluminal
06-26-2003, 05:20 PM
I called, and they said it had to be shipped to a school. Endernet, did you get around that?

pROvIs
06-26-2003, 06:16 PM
hmm im seeing the model number 2210 not 2215 is there a difference?

pROvIs
06-26-2003, 06:40 PM
I looked around the web found that the difference in model number is basically one comes in a buisness brown box as apposed to the retail white box. So, i put in my order.

mistame
06-26-2003, 07:13 PM
hmmm, i didn't even have to select a state or contract. I just went to the higher ed online store (i am a student) and went directly to handhelds and it had the $293 price so i just put in my order. whether or not it'll go through...i guess we'll see. i hope i find out soon though, because if it doesn't clear then i'll probably just go get one this weekend at best buy

pROvIs
06-26-2003, 07:29 PM
Since I am a student I might qualify for this but the two pottential problems i see is using the different pricing scheme to get it down to 267 and also that they have a seperate system set up for students where the price is 360 so this might be only for very select individuals.

Linus
06-26-2003, 07:51 PM
I submitted an order without any trouble, but just got an email asking what school I'm with. No loophole after all. :cry:

pROvIs
06-26-2003, 08:05 PM
when did you order yours linus? how long did it take for a reply?

mistame
06-26-2003, 09:41 PM
I got my reply not to long ago. It only took a couple hours. I told them what school I was associated with, hopefully it's a vaild one 0X

Linus
06-26-2003, 10:27 PM
I think I ordered mine at about 11am MDT, and the email came about 40 minutes later.

I wish I knew a quick way to become an educator. Oh well.

pROvIs
06-26-2003, 11:28 PM
hmm still no reply they are still "authorizing" my credit card

Kati Compton
06-26-2003, 11:45 PM
To me, the educational discounts are a perk to compensate students for not having money, and educators for making less money than they would out in the workplace. I mean, I could probably make at least $10K year more if I worked in industry, and that's just starting salary. There's much less upward potential in education.

pROvIs
06-27-2003, 12:29 AM
lol i think i figured out why they didn't email me. My email is @ a .edu. :-P lol

BTW
I think, they strictly offer education discounts etc for the same reason apple always has (Any of you remember turning in grocery store receipts to your school for money toward macs?) . Basically if they can get the teachers, staff and the school in general using a product then incoming students will get used to them and have familiarity later on. So once they get out of school when they have money they have experience with their brand and are more likely to purchase it.

Enderet
06-27-2003, 09:38 PM
After talking on the phone to many many reps... and calling more than 10 diff numbers. I was finaly sent an email confirmation of my order with my customer # and order #. They said there is a back order... of.... 1500 units! hahaha. My order should be shipping on the first.

I defeated all of you who said I couldnt do it. :rock on dude!: :armed: :alfdance: :way to go: :shocked!: :grinning devil:

Linus
06-27-2003, 09:45 PM
pROvIs, I have a .edu email as well, but still got an email.

Turns out it doesn't matter, though, because I'm a federal employee. Glad it counts for something... like kati42 said, I take a big hit in salary by not working for private industry. Anyway, my 2210 will probably be on the way around 7/1 as well. So, like Enderet says, it's possible. But it seems like they do some kind of checking.

pROvIs
06-27-2003, 10:38 PM
called up they siad that a new employee entered the order in so it has to go through a manager and that is why I havent recieved an email saying it shipped if it is in stock etc (assuming it isnt until july 1st which sucks because im going out of town on the 4th- 12th and wanted it but oh well). She knew what university i was with etc so it seemed to work. They gave me a customer number and order number though so that is somthing. hopefully it will go through at 267

pROvIs
06-30-2003, 09:38 PM
my order was charged and shipped :) :) :) should be here thursday

mistame
06-30-2003, 09:43 PM
my order was charged and shipped :) :) :) should be here thursday

Mine too! :D :D :D ... :D
This will be my first PPC ever, and after doing a couple months of research, and reading 2210 overall experiences, I don't think I'll be dissapointed. And to think I almost broke down and settled for an Axim a little more than a month ago

Thinkingmandavid
07-01-2003, 08:38 PM
DUDE, stay away from the AXim!

tourdewolf
07-01-2003, 08:50 PM
Looks like mine is in transit yippppie! Ordered on 28th and ups shows scheduled delivery for the 3rd, all for $267 no tax, no shipping. Yeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaa! :beer: :clap: :alfdance: :way to go: I should have bought 2. I am a student and my wife is a federal employee, didn't think about the fed discount.

TD

jd4science
07-01-2003, 08:55 PM
I just bought mine! I'm waiting for the comfirmation! :D:D:D

Justin.

goGIT
07-02-2003, 02:17 PM
OMG please someone give me some feedback on this...go to the compaq store online, get into the k-12 section....select your state and then select the "national price list". Is it just me or does it say 293?

$293 is correct. Mine is on it way via UPS. Can't wait to get. :mrgreen:

Enderet
07-02-2003, 07:53 PM
My PPC should be getting in today or tomorrow. I dont like the tracking service that UPS provides on the web. It doesnt seem to be updated frequently. Yesterday my package was in Omaha, and now all of a sudden its here in California. :? Does anyone know if I can track it by phone?

sabotage79
07-02-2003, 08:59 PM
Order me one, and i'll give you the phone number. :drinking:

1800-pick-ups
1800-go-fedex

pROvIs
07-02-2003, 09:33 PM
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) I got mine this morning and I'm loving it.

mistame
07-02-2003, 09:44 PM
My PPC should be getting in today or tomorrow. I dont like the tracking service that UPS provides on the web. It doesnt seem to be updated frequently. Yesterday my package was in Omaha, and now all of a sudden its here in California. :?

When did they ship yours? Mine was shipped Monday with 3 day delivery, so technically I would think it should be here Thursday, but it says scheduled delivery for next Monday :( (I'm also in California)

Does anyone know if I can track it by phone?

I've tracked UPS orders by phone, but i'm not sure if it's much more current than the web tracking.

pROvIs
07-02-2003, 09:46 PM
HP shipped mine on Monday with 3 day delivery as well but I got it today which is technically 2 days. Of course it came from Nebraska, and I'm in Minnesota which is a bit closer. I did a little investigating out of curiosity and UPS claims the service was standard ground and that the package wasnt given to them until late Monday night (9PM) and not billed until tuesday. It seems very strange to me that UPS would give me a package before their ship estimate as i have never had them do that before (Fedex does frequently though). I have had packages sit in a local UPS warehouse for multiple days waiting to be delivered just because i didnt pay for the extra service.

mistame
07-02-2003, 09:52 PM
mine was shipped 3 day delivery on monday but i got it today so i dont know how reliable that is.

hmmm, well I sure hope I get it sooner than monday, i've already got my screen protectors and memory cards coming on thrusday (thinking that's when the ipaq would get here) and I don't want them to be lonely :)

Enderet
07-03-2003, 01:59 AM
Well, while the UPS tracking online still showed the package in Ontario, CA ever since 4 am eastern time, I called the number you guys gave me and when asked for my tracking number by a machineI stayed quiet, until my call was redirected to a real operator. I gave her my tracking number and it turns out I will be recieving my package (2210/5) tomorrow, instead of the original estimated delivery date, the 7th. :devilboy: 0X

jd4science
07-03-2003, 02:38 AM
Well, while the UPS tracking online still showed the package in Ontario, CA ever since 4 am eastern time, I called the number you guys gave me and when asked for my tracking number by a machineI stayed quiet, until my call was redirected to a real operator. I gave her my tracking number and it turns out I will be recieving my package (2210/5) tomorrow, instead of the original estimated delivery date, the 7th. :devilboy: 0X

How long did it take fr you to get your confirmation email? I ordered monday, but haven't got it yet...

droppedd
07-03-2003, 03:42 AM
man, i ordered mine last thursday and i just got a confirmation today. Either a) have patience or b) do what i did and call them to make sure it's actually going to go through. :)

pROvIs
07-03-2003, 05:38 AM
it took three or four days for me to recieve that email. when i called they said some new person had approved my order so it had to go through a manager before it was billed or shipped. The next day i recieved my email and it shipped on monday got it today (wednesday)

Enderet
07-03-2003, 04:31 PM
I had to call a lot of times and had to talk with plenty of different reps and demamnded my confirmation email until it was sent. :D I ordered on Thursday night(like at 11 pm) and recieved an eail asking for my school the following day. Called them up on Sunday asking them for what had happened and thats when I stayed on the phone, for about 2 hours until they game me my confirmation. :D

Linus
07-03-2003, 05:26 PM
I got the email within an hour of ordering and confirmed my eligibility the next day (Friday). When I called for order status on Monday, I was told that it would ship that day and should be here by Thursday. Although UPS's scheduled delivery was next Monday, it's arrived in town this morning. Spent 5 minutes ordering online and a grand total of maybe 10 minutes on the phone.

Can't wait to get my hands on this bad boy!

jd4science
07-08-2003, 09:49 PM
Okay, I still haven't gotten my email. What number did you call?

droppedd
07-08-2003, 10:11 PM
Okay, I still haven't gotten my email. What number did you call?

Just call the number on hp's higher ed store site: 1-877-480-HiEd.

Good luck - mine should get here any minute now :D .

lurch
07-08-2003, 10:49 PM
Does anybody know how long this offer lasts? Is it a standing offer?
I'm trying to sell my Jornada first, to make up some of the cash, but if it's not a lasting deal, I might have to overlap a little bit...
(BTW, Jornada for sale!! :) )

jd4science
07-08-2003, 11:19 PM
Oh, you stupid Hp.................... Well, I just called Hp. It turnes out, there was a slight "glitch" with my order :soapbox: :onfire: So, Although I got my web authorization #, my order was never processed. It was, qouted from the lady I talked to, "scrapped." :( So, she told me to re-order it, so I just did that. I hope this one goes through....................

solus
07-09-2003, 06:12 AM
If its a mistake, I hope it doesn't go away before I get my next paycheck !!! :mrgreen:

Autarch
07-10-2003, 10:08 PM
Hey everyone, I've been lurking on PPCT for 9 months or so but thought this was a good subject for a first post here. I recently ordered a 2210 when I saw this special offer in Enderet's thread. Looks like I'll be receiving it next week.

There is a 39 page thread 8O over at Brighthand, also started by Enderet, on this same subject. In that threat a poster suggested that everyone who has been able to take advantage of this offer send $5 to Enderet via PayPal (at least until he has enough to cover his 2210 :D ), and evidently several people are doing this -- I plan to, as well. Enderet posted his PayPal address in that thread; so how about it, Enderet? Post it here, too, and watch the $ roll in! :mrgreen:

BTW, I really look forward to joining this great community!

MobiliT
07-10-2003, 10:43 PM
In that threat a poster suggested that everyone who has been able to take advantage of this offer send $5 to Enderet via PayPal (at least until he has enough to cover his 2210 :D ), and evidently several people are doing this -- I plan to, as well. Enderet posted his PayPal address in that thread; so how about it, Enderet? Post it here, too, and watch the $ roll in! :mrgreen:
People on this fine board are constantly posting money-saving tips all the time, without seeking individual fame and wealth. :roll:

If you really want to show your appreciation, donate money to the website that enables this great forum of thoughts to the masses of handheld users. Go subscribe to the premium services. I'm sure Jason and company would love to see their costs of maintaining this site reduced by your generosity. Without the already established websites and their fan bases, where would any of us get to post the money-saving announcements in the first place?

Sorry, I just needed an excuse to use this emoticon... :grouphug:

Autarch
07-11-2003, 02:30 AM
All true. I don't believe Enderet was seeking individual fame and wealth when he started these threads, I just think the PayPal idea would be a nice gesture. His discovery enabled me to get a great PPC discounted about 33% 2 weeks after release, and quite a bit earlier than I otherwise would have.

I also agree with contributing to PPCT. It's a valuable resource -- the product of a lot of work by some great people -- that deserves our financial support. As you can see, I'm just getting this login set up now, but I definitely will be subscribing.

MobiliT
07-11-2003, 02:45 AM
As you can see, I'm just getting this login set up now, but I definitely will be subscribing.
Well welcome! Everyone's participation makes this a great community.

dammitjim
07-29-2003, 02:18 PM
I guess it's too late. Now the price has gone up to $355.11 :(
You guys are great, though. Thanks for sharing this wealth of information. I'll see where else I can find a good deal for the h2210.