View Full Version : Pocket Plus and Pocket PC 2003 Compatibility

Jason Dunn
06-25-2003, 06:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=6846&associateid=204' target='_blank'>http://www.pocketgear.com/software_...associateid=204</a><br /><br /></div>I feel silly for having to do a front page post on what is seemingly a minor issue, but I'm getting bombarded with email, IM, and thread requests, all asking the same question "When will Pocket Plus work with Pocket PC 2003?". It's flattering to Spb to have such a popular application be desired by new Pocket PC 2003 owners! The problem is this: although Pocket Plus works perfectly in the Pocket PC 2003 emulator, when I installed that same build onto my device, only some of the features work. This means that HP has somehow changed the code, or the emulator is somehow flawed. Spb is working on getting this fixed, and the second we have a working build, you'll hear about it here. This will be a free upgrade to registered owners of Pocket Plus.

brianchris
06-25-2003, 06:48 PM
While I was not one of the ones to email, IM, etc. etc., let me just voice my opininion that Pocket Plus is a completely awsome application! In fact, I can't imagine owning a PocketPC without it now. As an owner of a 5455 who plans on upgrading to PPC 2003, I'll look forward to a PPC 2003 compatible version of Pocket Plus......single best program for the PPC, IMHO :werenotworthy:

-Brian

scargill
06-25-2003, 07:07 PM
I was about to just say almost exactly what Brian said!
But when I was playing with the SDK it actually annoyed me as I held down my stylus over the X to close the app (quick click acts as normal and minimises the app for me) and it didn't, SBP saves me so much time its unbelivable!
Also, being a student with very little money, I've only purchased about 4 PPC applications...one of them being PocketPlus and one being Resco....neither of which I could ever live without!!!!
I'm not actually going to buy PPC2003 until PocketPlus works on it, thats the order which I prioritise them in!

Pony99CA
06-25-2003, 07:16 PM
The problem is this: although Pocket Plus works perfectly in the Pocket PC 2003 emulator, when I installed that same build onto my device, only some of the features work. This means that HP has somehow changed the code, or the emulator is somehow flawed.
Can you elaborate on which features aren't working? I don't use Pocket Plus, but I've read that MultiIE doesn't work on Windows Mobile 2003, either. That makes me wonder if the multiple browser window support is broken in Pocket Plus, and if that got broken due to the new version of Pocket IE.

As for HP having changed something, has someone there tried Pocket Plus on a non-HP machine running WM2K3? If that also failed, it's not likely an HP issue.

Steve

P.S. The only reason I wouldn't buy Pocket Plus is because it doesn't have all of the features of MultiIE, and I'm worried about compatibility issues if I install both. Well, that and I bought MultiIE before Pocket Plus ever came out. ;-)

Give it the features of MultiIE and I'd seriously consider it. Throw in a Find that works on the Web page and I'll buy it now. :-)

Jonathon Watkins
06-25-2003, 07:49 PM
Good, good, glad SPB are on the case. Guess I'll hold off upgrading the old Axim untill Pocket Plus is back up to speed (not that the CD will be with me anytime soon. :?)

Enderet
06-25-2003, 08:22 PM
Im glad to see that there will soon be a fix to the problem :D

pepemosca
06-25-2003, 08:26 PM
Good, good, glad SPB are on the case. Guess I'll hold off upgrading the old Axim untill Pocket Plus is back up to speed (not that the CD will be with me anytime soon. :?)

Same here... :D

I just hope that SPB fix Pocket Plus before HP delivers the Upgrade for my h5450... That will be great :wink:

Hyperluminal
06-25-2003, 09:28 PM
Yeah, Pocket Plus really is an excellent program. It has the best interface in terms of task managment that I've seen so far. Also since on my old iPaq I didn't have internet access, I didn't really use the multiple IE windows feature, but now that I have a CF slot (and can use my old CF dialup modem, until I get a WiFi card) I can't tell you how much I wanted multiple windows... :frusty:

pro_worm
06-25-2003, 10:01 PM
Fortunately enough, magic button is there to save the day. It doesn't provide the neat-o today screen plug-in, but at least "x" does what its supposed to do - close. :mrgreen: