View Full Version : MultiBooting OS on PPC

Rivan
06-25-2003, 01:25 PM
Is it possible, PPC2002 and PPC2003 on same device.
Similar to multibooting on desktops. If so how do you do it?

:?

jkabaseball
06-25-2003, 01:34 PM
i was just thinking the same thing.... i don't think it can be done, but theres always someone to prove me wrong :roll: But my real question would be why? I saw on the homepage here someone had a mac on a ppc and also ealier windows 98 on a cf card so can we have mac/pc dual boot on a ppc?

Bob Anderson
06-25-2003, 02:24 PM
You could probably "pull this off", if there was some software that was in ROM, that could image the ROM file, copy it to flash memory, and then re-load another ROM image that had the alternative OS on it.

You would have to also re-image your program files too (items that are in RAM.) In other words each OS would need to have it's own RAM image as well. The time to do all of this would make the actual probability of having such a setup pointless, IMHO.

Jason Dunn
06-25-2003, 02:46 PM
Is it possible, PPC2002 and PPC2003 on same device.
Similar to multibooting on desktops. If so how do you do it?

There's no way to do this AFAIK, but as another posted said, there's always SOMEONE who would figure something crazy like this out. :lol:

The real question would be "What benefit would this give you?"

Rivan
06-25-2003, 03:41 PM
Test deployment of a prototype onto same device with different OS's as opposed to using emulators which can not be a true indicator of a deployed platform.

In this case it would save having two different devices, if you see what I mean.
:?